HERE is a rundown of all the interesting cases at magistrates' court in south Essex this week.

Paul Masser assaulted a police officer in a racially-aggravated attack.

Masser appeared at Basildon Magistrates’ Court where he admitted the attack on the officer in Tilbury.

The 50-year-old, of Brempsons, Basildon, attacked the officer on October 3 last year.

The magistrates’ bench found that the offence was racially aggravated and happened when the officer was on duty. Masser was ordered to pay compensation of £120 to the officer, along with £150 to the Crown Prosecution Service in costs.

Thomas Oneill has been given unpaid work after harassing a resident in Basildon.

Oneill has appeared at Basildon Magistrates’ Court for trial over the harassment charge.

The offence happened on June 1 this year in Basildon, where Oneill used threatening or abusive words to cause him distress.

Oneill had denied the charged but was convicted by the magistrates bench.

He was given a community order with a total of 120 hours of unpaid work to be completed within the next 12 months. He must also pay compensation of £75.

Raymond Burgess assaulted a female police officer after being found with a baseball bat.

Burgess has been spared jail after being found in Rochford Road, Southend armed with a silver baseball bat to be used as an offensive weapon.

The 36-year-old of Eastwoodbury Close, Southend, was found on July 31 this year with the weapon and, on the same day, assaulted a police constable by beating her.

Burgess appeared at Southend Magistrates Court and was given 140 hours unpaid work and must pay £50 compensation.

Jakub Karnia has been banned from driving after being caught drunk at the wheel.

Karnia has appeared at Southend Magistrates’ Court where he admitted drink driving on London Road in Westcliff on July 31 this year.

The 19-year-old, of London Road, was found in a Seat Leon and was breathalysed by the police.

He was found to have 66 microgrammes of alcohol in 100 millilitres of breath, which was over the legal limit.

The magistrates’ bench fined Karnia a total of £136 and he must also pay £105 in prosecution costs.

He was banned from driving for 18 months, which could be reduced by 18 weeks if he completes an awareness course.

Connor Horner has been given unpaid work after selling a games console without permission.

Fraudster Horner appeared at Southend Magistrates’ Court where he admitted the single count of fraud.

It follows an incident on January 24 this year in Southend where Horner agreed a sale of a Nintendo Switch console for £150 and to keep the money for himself. Horner appeared at court where he admitted the offence.

The magistrates’ bench gave him a community order to run until August 2022. He must complete 60 hours of unpaid work within the next 12 months. He must also pay compensation of £150.

READ MORE: The biggest south Essex planning applications in the news in the last month

Clint Wallace, who used threatening and abusive words to a public servant has been jailed for three months.

Wallace carried out a verbal attack on the man in Billericay earlier this year.

The 42-year-old of Groveway, Dagenham hurled the abuse at the man and made him fear that violence would be used against him on May 18.

He denied two counts but was convicted at magistrates court.

As he was sentenced, the bench said the offence was so serious because the victims had been carrying out public duties and that Wallace had a “flagrant disregard” for people and their property.

He must also pay a total of £50 compensation to each victim.

Karim Brooks has been fined after being found with drugs in Leigh.

Brooks, 25, of Pantile Avenue, Southend, was stopped in Leigh on August 24 this year with cannabis.

He was subsequently arrested and charged by police.

Brooks appeared at Southend Magistrates’ Court where he admitted the offence.

The magistrates’ bench fined him £80 in total.

The amount will be deducted from his benefits and the cannabis was ordered to be destroyed.