It's been another busy time in the crown courts again with a range of cases from allegations of manslaughter to driving offences.

Here's our latest run down of the crown court cases. 

A FATHER who hoped to spare his son a prison sentence by falsely claiming he was the driver of a car involved in a police chase has been spared prison.
David Park, 56, from Laindon, misled the police after a crash in Braintree in October last year.
Ipswich Crown Court heard the crash followed a police chase, which ended with the car striking a roundabout.
Park was ordered to complete 120 hours of unpaid work and pay £250 in costs.



A FORMER councillor has been cleared of allegations of raping a child.
David Hooper, of Gallion Road Chafford Hundred stood trial at Basildon Crown Court charged with three counts of rape of a child.
The former chairman of the Basildon Hospitals was not guilty of all counts by a jury.
During the trial the case heard Mr Hooper had allegedly tried to rape a child and parents told the court about the allegations.


A “DANGEROUS” man who sexually attacked three women in the space of just three days has been handed an indefinite hospital order. 
Albert Stone, of no fixed address, attacked the victims at various locations in Southend between 31 March and 2 April last year.
He was charged with four sex assault charges but initially denied all the charges against him. 
A jury returned a guilty verdict on July 23 following a trial at Basildon Crown Court.


A 16-year-old accused of murdering a day searched on the internet for “stabbing in Laindon” and “consequences of accidentally killing someone” hours after the fatal attack, a court heard. James Gibbons, 34, was yards from his home in Iris Mews in Laindon, Essex on May 2 when he was stabbed. A 16-year-old boy is accused of murdering him by stabbing him four times in the abdomen. Prosecutor, Simon Taylor QC, revealed on the second day of the trial yesterday that the defendant, searched on the internet for “stabbing in Laindon” and “consequences of accidentally killing someone” in the early hours of May 3. He said a youth heard the defendant say, in a phone call on loudspeaker to another youth: “I chinged him 25 times”. “According to (the youth, the defendant) was laughing as he said it,” said Mr Taylor. He added that the youth’s understanding was that “chinged” meant stabbed.The youth claims he acted in self-defence. The trial continues.