TERRIFIED families witnessed “chairs and tables” being thrown as a huge brawl broke out at a pub during England’s Euro 2024 clash with Slovakia.

Police were called to the Inn on the Green pub, ion Mountnessing Road, Billericay, after reports of a knife being brandished, pepper spray being used and punches being thrown as a fight broke out during the second half of the match.

According to witnesses, police shut the pub following the fight on Sunday at roughly 7.15pm.

Two men have been arrested, one on suspicion of causing grievous bodily harm and another on suspicion of causing actual bodily harm, after the incident.

According to witnesses, security at the pub were “overpowered” by the sheer number of men involved in the brawl as “families held onto their kids with nowhere to go”.

One witness, who asked not to be named, said: “It was horrible, there was a huge fight. It happened during the second half.

“They had only a few security who were overpowered by the numbers that they had in the outside area.

“Families were holding on to the kids and didn’t know where to go. It was horrible.

“They was out of control. There were tables being smashed into people, chairs being thrown. Staff were on the floor [hurt] as they tried to stop the fight but couldn’t.

“Luckily, the police were arrived and helped. We left as soon as the police shut the pub, and we will never be going back.”

The pub, which recently underwent a six-figure refurbishment, has already had issues in the tournament with two people kicked out during the game against Denmark and a brawl breaking out during the first match of the tournament.

Essex Police have confirmed they received reports of a knife being seen and pepper spray being used. However, police did not locate either of the alleged weapons.

A spokesman for Essex Police said: “Officers were called to a pub on Mountnessing Road at around 7.15pm on Sunday, 30 June 30 following reports of a large disturbance.

“When officers arrived, two people were found nearby with injuries.

“A 44-year-old man from Billericay was arrested on suspicion of causing actual bodily harm.

“A 44-year-old man from Billericay was arrested on suspicion of grievous bodily harm.

“They remain in custody.”