HULLBRIDGE Sports played out a thrilling 4-4 draw with Clapton, although threw away a three goal lead in a match they might feel they should have won.

Sports responded to the management team’s call to up their work rate and took the lead after 10 minutes through Luke Hornsley.

Kurtis Clarke scored a terrific solo effort eight minutes later with Sports in control of the game.

Clapton pulled a goal back from the penalty spot but Sports led 3-1 at half-time when Hornsley scored his second of the afternoon.

After 67 minutes Rory Clark scored the best goal of the afternoon when Clapton failed to clear and the ball dropped to Clark who smashed it in to the roof of the net.

After a number of substitutions, Sports seemed to lose their flow and Clapton pulled a goal back very soon after.

A goalkeeping error saw Clapton score another from the penalty spot with the clock ticking down and on 91 minutes all their good work was undone when Clapton levelled.

Sports coach Aaron Hunwicks said after the game: “The lads responded to the work rate and that was great, but this feels like a loss.

“After 67 minutes we were comfortable at 4-1 and we go home with a point. The final goal was an error by us, the ball should have just been cleared up the pitch.”

A trio of braces from Brad Hunter, Brad Warner and Lindisipho Mytanda helped Basildon United to a thumping 7-2 win over Greenhouse Sports.

Paul Shave also got on the score sheet for the league’s in-form team. The Bees have won 14 of their 18 matches so far this term, and followed up their win at Bowers with a crushing win.

Craig Gillam’s side were 2-0 inside five minutes through Mytanda and Hunter, with the score 4-0 after just 18 minutes.

An own goal made it 4-1 but the next three goals were scored by the hosts. Greenhouse got a late consolation but that’s all it was.

Bowers & Pitsea dropped points on consecutive weekends as FC Romania earned a battling point against the league leaders.

Indeed they needed a late free-kick from Vinny Durrant to earn a point against the side sitting in fourth at the start of the day.

The visitors had taken the lead through Lewis Manor early on, only for Romania to level on the stroke of halt-time.

Disaster struck after the break when Romania went ahead but Durrant rescued a point to leave Bowers top of the league on goal difference.

Southend Manor went down 2-0 to London Bari in a middle of the table clash.

Wayne Seal’s men showed fight but were unable to get on the scoresheet to leave them 14th.