CONCORD Rangers' unbeaten run goes on after Adam Flanagan's side secured a 3-2 win in an entertaining derby with East Thurrock United.

Sam Higgins netted twice for Rocks, with the first being his 250th goal for the club, but Femi Akinwande was also at the double and Steve Cawley notched what proved to be the winner for the visitors.

John Coventry's East Thurrock - who went into the encounter three points off the National League South play-off places - started the game well, but the Beach Boys nearly took the lead against the run of play as Steve Cawley's neat flick was diverted away by Marvin Ekpiteta from just a few yards out.

Higgins then saw a long range strike deflected wide moments before he notched his landmark goal with 17 minutes played.

The striker sent Montel Agyemang's dangerous free kick into the back of the net via the post to claim his 250th goal for the club.

Higgins nearly returned the favour moments later as his pull back found Agyemang, but his strike deflected wide.

Just before the half hour mark, Rocks goalkeeper Lukas Lidakevicius pulled off a stunning save to stop a Cawley free kick, but Concord were back on level terms five minutes before the break as Akinwande slotted into the bottom corner after a dangerous cross from Khale Da Costa.

East Thurrock came close to going in at the break with a one-goal lead, as Reece Harris' cross inadvertently hit the post and Tom Richardson struck the crossbar with a thumping effort in first half stoppage time.

However, the Beach Boys nearly went in front seconds after the restart as Lidakevicius was slow off his line and Da Costa sent the ball goalwards. But the Lithuanian shot stopper did just about enough to allow Ekpiteta to get back and clear the danger.

The game was turned on its head soon after as Akinwande's speculative effort from 30 yards gave Concord the lead after Lidakevicius slipped in the muddy goalmouth and could only palm the strike into the roof of the net.

Just minutes later, things got worse for East Thurrock as Richardson was shown a straight red card for a late challenge on Lewis Knight.

Higgins nearly caught goalkeeper Louis Wells off his line, but the Beach Boys goalkeeper did well to push the 45-yard effort behind for a corner.

Concord gave themselves a two-goal cushion on 73 minutes as substitute Lewis Taaffe's effort was sent into the back of the net by captain Cawley.

Higgins netted from close range with 11 minutes to play but Lee Burns and Max Cornhill passed up presentable late chances to equalise for Rocks.

As a result, Concord were able to claim the local bragging rights.

East Thurrock United: Lidakevicius, Sammons (Honesty 60'), Clark, Peddie, M. Ekpiteta, Burns, Harris, Cornhill, Higgins, Richardson, Agyemang

Concord Rangers: Wells, Smith, Brown, Lee, Knight, Roast (Girdlestone 81'), Da Costa, Nasha (Farrell 87'), Akinwande, Cawley, Greenhalgh (Taaffe 70')