BILLERICAY Town and East Thurrock United were condemned to narrow defeats as they were unable to build on victories last time out in the National League South.

Chippenham Town recorded a second win over Billericay this term as they claimed all three points at the AGP Arena, while Rocks could not stop an in-form Bath City in their tracks.

Concord Rangers, meanwhile, secured a share of the spoils as they went head-to-head with Wealdstone at the Aspect Arena.

Billericay Town 1-2 Chippenham Town

Billericay Town were unable to build on their victory over Weston-super-Mare as they suffered a narrow defeat to Chippenham Town.

Adam Coombes’ close range effort cancelled out Nat Jarvis’ opener, but the visitors left the AGP Arena with all three points thanks to Karnell Chambers’ second half winner.

Moses Emmanuel could not direct his header on target after good work by debutant Jamar Loza as Town made a good start.

However, Chippenham broke the deadlock with 20 minutes on the clock as Jarvis found the top corner of the net.

Billy Clifford and Kieron Cadogan fired over the crossbar as the hosts looked for a quick response and the leveller came nine minutes before the break as Coombes slid the ball home.

Emmanuel, who caused the Chippenham backline a number of problems, saw his attempted lob go wide of the target moments after the interval.

Cadogan’s cross-shot went inches past the post before the former Sutton United winger missed a golden opportunity on 69 minutes.

With the goal gaping, Cadogan headed wide and failing to take the chance proved costly as Chippenham restored their lead three minutes later through Chambers.

Billericay were dismayed as the referee waved away appeals for a penalty after Coombes appeared to be brought down, while Nathan Minhas shot inches wide with four minutes to play.

Town pushed for a late equaliser, but one was not forthcoming.

Concord Rangers 2-2 Wealdstone

Alex Wall marked his return to action with two goals as Concord Rangers sealed a point against Wealdstone.

Having been knocked out of the FA Trophy by Stones earlier in the campaign, Sammy Moore’s side were looking for revenge at the Aspect Arena.

And the Beach Boys got off to a flying start as they moved into an 11th minute lead after Wall, on his first appearance following suspension, headed a Tyrone Sterling cross home.

However, the visitors were back on level terms 20 minutes later thanks to David Pratt turning home the rebound after Sam Beasant had denied Eoin McKeown.

Wall came close to doubling his tally for the afternoon just before the hour mark. The frontman charged down a Connor Stevens clearance before firing across the face of goal and just wide.

Wealdstone’s Danny Green was frustrated by a Frazer Shaw block, while Stevens directed the resulting corner over the crossbar.

Beasant pulled off a fine save to stop McKeown’s effort finding the corner of the net, but Stones turned the game on its head as Pratt completed his brace with eight minutes remaining.

However, Wealdstone could only hold onto their lead for two minutes as Wall crashed home his second goal to level matters.

Neither side could find a late winner and they were made to settle for a share of the spoils.

Bath City 1-0 East Thurrock United

East Thurrock United's winning run came to an end after suffering a narrow defeat to Bath City.

Rocks travelled to Twerton Park after beating Gloucester City and Bowers & Pitsea in the National League South and Essex Senior Cup respectively.

But Sean Rigg's second half goal ensured East Thurrock would return to south Essex having suffered their first loss of 2019.

Rocks missed a good chance to move into the lead early on, with a close range effort going over.

The visitors' defence remained resolute until the break, with Bath struggling to create a clear-cut chance in the first half.

But the Romans grabbed what proved to be the winner nine minutes after the interval.

Rocks thought they had enjoyed a lucky escape after clearing an effort off the line, but the resulting corner fell to Rigg and the midfielder lashed the ball into the net.

East Thurrock came close to stealing a share of the spoils as Tom Derry struck the post with eight minutes remaining, but Bath held on.