KEVIN Bond started his Southend United reign with a 2-2 draw at Fleetwood Town this afternoon.

The Shrimpers twice led with Harry Bunn and Luke Hyam both on target.

But two equalisers from Town striker Ched Evans meant Blues had to settle for a share of the spoils as their winless streak extended to 13 matches.

Southend survived an early scare when Paddy Madden’s well-taken header was ruled out for offside but the visitors soon hit back with Simon Cox firing wide of the right post with his left post from 20 yards.

The Shrimpers continued to push forward and, in the 21st minute, the visitors took the lead with Bunn on target.

The on loan Bury man reacted sharply after Michael Kightly’s effort had been blocked and guided a low effort into the bottom right hand corner of the net from close range.

Blues saw out the remainder of the first half but Fleetwood started the second strongly with Madden having a low shot impressively pushed wide of the left post by the legs of Nathan Bishop before the resulting Ashley Hunter smacked the top of the crossbar.

But Fleetwood remained on top and equalised in the 59th minute when Ashley Nadesan played in Evans who netted with a powerful effort from 10 yards.

Ten minutes later, Blues responded by making their first change of the afternoon as the fit-again Stephen Humphrys came on to replace Bunn in attack.

Humphrys – who was wearing a mask in his first game since suffering serious facial injuries in February – soon sent a deflected 20 yard shot wide of the left post.

But, in the 80th minute, Blues regained the lead when Jason Demetriou’s effort rolled back into the path of Luke Hyam who slammed an unstoppable 20 yard shot into the top left hand corner of the net.

However, the Shrimpers were in front for just four minutes as Evans bagged his second goal of the afternoon.

This time the striker rolled a calm penalty into the bottom right hand corner of the net after Harry Lennon had brought down Madden in the box to ensure Blues’ long wait for a win continued.