JACKSON Wray helped Saracens be crowned kings of Europe for a third time in four seasons after fighting back to beat Heineken Champions Cup holders Leinster 20-10 at St James’ Park on Saturday.

A brutal contest in front of a 52,000 crowd ended with Saracens becoming the most successful English club in European Cup history.

And Wray - a former King John School pupil - was delighted by the success.

He tweeted: “It’s a privilege to play in this team,” said Wray, who started his club career with Westcliff.

“It was another special day.”

Saracens got their latest win the hard way, wiping out a 10-point deficit through tries by wing Sean Maitland and number eight Billy Vunipola, plus two penalties and two conversions from Owen Farrell.

Prop Tadhg Furlong claimed a first-half touchdown for Leinster, while skipper Johnny Sexton added a conversion and penalty.

But hopes of the Irishmen claiming a record fifth European title were dashed.

Saracens proved unstoppable once Maitland touched down following a dominant Leinster opening, ultimately overcoming a yellow card for Maro Itoje to power home and taste Champions Cup glory once again.

Sexton kicked Leinster into a third-minute lead.

But Saracens quickly stirred as their Wales international wing Liam Williams was twice involved in early action, making ground each time.

A poor clearance kick by Farrell then gave Leinster a chance to run from deep, and centre Garry Ringrose freed full-back Rob Kearney in space, but Saracens held out.

However, they did so illegally, and Itoje was yellow-carded by referee Jerome Garces for a technical offence before Saracens replaced Mako Vunipola and his fellow prop Titi Lamositele with Richard Barrington and Vincent Koch.

And Leinster struck while Itoje was off as Furlong crashed over from close range after the Irish side opted for an attacking scrum rather than a penalty kick, and Sexton’s conversion made it 10-0.

Farrell opened Saracens’ account by landing a penalty just before the break, and then they hit Leinster by scoring a try on the stroke of half-time with Maitland touching down and Farrell converting.

A penalty from Farrell put Saracens in front after the break before they went further ahead with a try from Billy Vunipola as they secured yet more success.