JAKE Robinson scored a hat-trick as Billericay Town recorded a convincing 7-2 victory over Grays Athletic.

Alfie Potter and Adam Cunnington also notched two goals apiece as Town continued their preparations ahead of the upcoming National League South campaign by facing the Isthmian North outfit at Parkside.

Although Joao Carlos and Emmanuel Ogunrinde got their names on the scoresheet for Jim Cooper’s side, Billericay’s class showed.

While a Callum Kennedy free-kick deflected wide early on, Billericay needed just six minutes to break the deadlock.

Jack Paxman capitalised on a defensive error and squared the ball for Robinson to tap home.

Robinson came close to doubling his tally a minute later as the striker stooped to meet a Kennedy cross, but his effort struck the post before Ben Nunn’s scuffed rebound went wide of the target.

Billericay extended their advantage on 18 minutes as Ronnie Henry’s forward pass found Paxman in space. The central midfielder turned and found Potter, who advanced before curling beyond Grays goalkeeper Connor Pearce.

The visitors needed just another three minutes to find the back of the net again as Cunnington outmuscled the Grays defenders to divert a Kennedy cross home.

Grays responded 10 minutes later as captain Carlos latched onto a loose ball and, despite Billericay goalkeeper Alan Julian getting a hand to the strike, lashed into the bottom corner.

However, Town restored their three-goal lead seven minutes later as Potter evaded three challenges before rounding Pearce and slotting into the empty net.

Grays thought they had hit back immediately as Tony Stokes hooked goalwards, but summer signing Nunn headed the ball off the goal-line.

Steve King then nodded the resulting corner inches wide.

There was still time for Billericay to create another golden opportunity before the interval as Robinson was found in acres of space, but the frontman’s goalbound drive was hooked clear by King.

Town required just three minutes after the break to add a fifth goal. Substitute goalkeeper Danny Sambridge failed to deal with a deep cross from Nunn and Cunnington fired the ball into the back of the net.

Robinson doubled his tally as Sambridge failed to deal with a backpass. The goalkeeper mistimed his clearance, resulting in the ball running past him, and Robinson was able to walk the ball towards goal before netting with a cheeky flick.

Grays reduced the arrears four minutes later as substitute Ogunrinde ghosted into the Billericay penalty area and calmly slotted home.

But Robinson rounded off the scoring and completed his hat-trick by deftly dinking over Sambridge with three minutes remaining.