CONCORD Rangers maintained their 100 per cent winning record under Danny Scopes by registering a 2-1 victory over Chelmsford City at the Aspect Arena.

The Beach Boys, who got the new National League South campaign underway with a comfortable 3-0 win at Oxford City on Saturday, boasted a two-goal lead over the Clarets thanks to a Decarrey Sheriff brace.

Although Ollie Muldoon pulled a goal back for Chelmsford, Concord held onto claim local bragging rights over their Essex rivals.

Scopes’ side came close to taking the lead inside two minutes as good pressure from Shaun Okojie resulted in the hosts winning a corner.

Aron Pollock rose highest to meet the Michael O’Donoghue delivery, but the central defender’s header was cleared off the goal-line.

Clarets goalkeeper Carl Pentney was then forced into a comfortable save after Joel Nouble cut inside and curled an effort goalwards.

Chelmsford responded with Chris Whelpdale and former East Thurrock United frontman Sam Higgins firing wide in quick succession, while Shaun Jeffers was thwarted by a Jack Cawley block.

Nouble’s pace and trickery continued to cause problems for the visitors’ defenders and, after cutting in between Elliot Omozusi and Anthony Church, his pullback found James Blanchfield on the edge of the penalty area.

Blanchfield, in turn, set up Kreshnic Krasniqi but his strike went wide.

However, Krasniqi was to make a vital contribution as Concord broke the deadlock eight minutes before the break.

The midfielder, who joined from Heybridge Swifts in the summer, turned before his pass across the face of goal was fired home by Sheriff.

Chelmsford created a fine opening moments before the break but Jeffers headed wide when well placed.

The Beach Boys made the best possible start to the second half as, less than a minute after the restart, Sheriff latched onto Tosin Olufemi’s long pass forward and slotted past Pentney.

Chelmsford responded with Higgins curling an effort over the crossbar after being found by Whelpdale.

Pentney was equal to Blanchfield’s attempt after Nouble battled his way past several Chelmsford defenders.

Concord goalkeeper Chris Haigh was called into action soon after as the shot-stopper pulled off an exceptional save to stop Pollock inadvertently finding the top corner of his own net.

However, Haigh was beaten with 10 minutes remaining as Muldoon’s free-kick deflected beyond the custodian.

Haigh then made an impressive stop to keep out Tom Wraight from point blank range moments later as the Clarets continued to build pressure.

The custodian made another superb save to frustrate Chelmsford before Muldoon nodded over the top.

And the Beach Boys held onto record a second consecutive win.