STEVE Butterworth admits Great Wakering Rovers must be prepared for one of the biggest battles they will face this season when Tilbury visit Burroughs Park tonight.

Wakering got their Isthmian North campaign off to a flying start as they recorded a 4-1 win over Felixstowe & Walton United.

But Butterworth knows his side will face a completely different challenge against Marc Harrison’s Dockers.

“It will be one of our hardest battles this season,” said the Wakering player-manager.

“Marc Harrison’s teams are always big, strong and physical, so we know what to expect.

“We always had difficult games against his Basildon United side whether they were in the Essex Senior League or Isthmian North and since he took over at Tilbury last year.

“They work hard so it’s important that we work harder than them.

“If we work harder than them, it will make it very difficult for them to beat us.

“I’m looking forward to tonight’s game because it will allow me to see where we are as a club.

“I have brought in players during the summer who are horrible to play against, so I’m hoping that will be the case for Tilbury.”

Butterworth, who was appointed as Wakering’s permanent player-manager in April, welcomed a number of new arrivals to Burroughs Park during the summer.

Signings Brandon Diau and Jack Stevenson grabbed three of the four goals at Felixstowe, while Billy Johnson was also on target.

The clash also saw Felixstowe finish the clash with 10 men after goalkeeper Danny Crump was dismissed for handling the ball outside of the penalty area.

And Butterworth is keen to build on the opening day success.

“We have made a very good start to the season, but this will be a hell of a lot harder than it was on Saturday,” added Butterworth.

“Felixstowe played with 10 men for the last half an hour because their goalkeeper was sent off.

“We then went 3-0 up from the resulting free-kick, so the game was already over.

“It’s important that we build on that against a very physical side who will be looking to bounce back after their defeat to Cambridge City.”