BASILDON United romped home to a 7-1 FA Cup preliminary round victory over Framlingham Town.

The Isthmian North Bees were the clear favourites to progress in the competition, with them going head-to-head with an Eastern Counties League Division One North side who are still searching for their first win of the campaign.

And Tom Anderson, Ayo Odukoya, Gabby Adelowo, Harry Doyle, Kurt Smith, Ross Elsom and Danny Norton found the back of the net as Basildon ran riot despite Danny Smith's late consolation goal for the visitors.

The Bees raced into a second minute lead at the Cousins Car Wash Stadium.

A long throw-in was not dealt with by the Framlingham defence and Anderson ghosted in before tapping home from close range.

The visitors struggled to deal with a corner soon after, but Joe Turpin’s improvised volley was kept out by Framlingham goalkeeper Harry Lay-Fulcher.

Framlingham then came within inches of getting back on level terms as Bees defender Nathan Okoye’s attempted headed clearance from a free-kick inadvertently came back off the crossbar.

And Basildon were to take advantage by doubling their lead on 17 minutes.

A loose ball fell at the feet of Odukoya and, fresh from scoring a hat-trick in the midweek thrashing of Romford, the winger found the bottom corner of the net.

The Bees should have quickly registered a third goal, but Harry Doyle’s header from point blank range was tipped over by Lay-Fulcher.

Joe Paxman was the next Basildon man to try his luck, although the winger’s effort went over the crossbar after cutting inside full-back Carl Mayhew.

Referee Anthony King missed what appeared to be a clear foul on Bees goalkeeper Clarke Bogard but, thankfully for the hosts, Matt Aldis struck the woodwork from the edge of the penalty area with the custodian down and requiring treatment.

With six minutes of the first half remaining, Framlingham came within inches of halving the deficit.

A pass across the face of goal evaded captain Danny Smith and eventually found Mayhew at the far post, but his tame strike was cleared off the goal-line by Turpin.

The Bees added to their advantage two minutes before the break as Odukoya headed a deep corner across goal and full-back Adelowo was on hand to turn the ball home.

Odukoya was denied a second goal thanks to a Lay-Fulcher save, while Doyle fired wide as the first period came to a close.

Basildon grabbed a fourth goal of the afternoon less than a minute after the restart.

Left-back Kurt Smith went on a marauding run before squaring for Doyle to slot into the back of the net.

Framlingham responded with Danny Smith curling inches wide of the target moments later.

Having grabbed an assist, Kurt Smith got in on the goalscoring act seven minutes into the second half as his corner evaded everyone and nestled in the bottom corner.

Lay-Fulcher then made a fine diving save to keep Doyle’s low effort out as Basildon went in search for six goals for the second time in the space of four days.

And it was six with 58 minutes on the clock as Odukoya’s lay-off was drilled past Lay-Fulcher by Elsom from 25 yards out.

And captain Norton guided substitute Ernest Okoh’s low pass across the face of goal home to add his name to the scoresheet five minutes later.

Odukoya should have doubled his tally after Kurt Smith’s long pass forward put the ex-Witham Town man through one-on-one with Lay-Fulcher, but his attempt strayed wide of the target.

Jeffrey Cobblah and Kurt Smith were then frustrated by a fine double save from Lay-Fulcher.

Danny Smith netted with a late free-kick to give Framlingham a consolation goal, but Basildon were able to ease into the next round of the FA Cup thanks to a resounding home win.