BOWERS & Pitsea and Canvey Island recorded FA Cup preliminary round victories, while Great Wakering Rovers were knocked out of the competition and White Ensign ensured a replay.

Rob Small’s Bowers went into their tie with Barkingside as the favourites to progress and they were able to seal a 4-2 win at the Len Salmon Stadium.

Although Lewis Manor broke the deadlock with just six minutes on the clock, the visitors hit back through Francesco Balestrini.

Manor completed his brace before the break but Barkingside responded once again as Ali Rajin levelled matters with just 12 minutes remaining.

However, Bowers restored their lead thanks to David Knight scoring a screamer within 60 seconds.

And Quentin Monville secured Bowers’ passage through to the next round by netting via the post.

Meanwhile, Canvey registered a third consecutive triumph as they enjoyed a 2-0 success at Stotfold.

With half an hour on the clock, Tobi Joseph was brought down and George Purcell saw the resulting penalty saved by Stotfold goalkeeper Liam Gooch.

But Purcell quickly put that miss behind him by giving the Gulls the lead with a deflected strike three minutes before the interval.

And Joseph wrapped up the victory by heading home after Purcell’s long range drive crashed against the underside of the crossbar.

Isthmian North rivals Great Wakering Rovers, however, were consigned to a 2-0 defeat by Essex Senior League outfit Walthamstow.

Both sides were reduced to 10 men with just 14 minutes played as Vinny Murphy and Brandon Diau saw red.

Dwade James handed Walthamstow the lead from the penalty spot soon after the interval, but the attacker could not replicate the feat soon after.

Henry Fisher was then given his marching orders as Wakering finished the clash with nine men and Walthamstow profited as Jack Folan added his name to the scoresheet.

White Ensign registered a 3-3 draw with Takeley.

A Luke Skinner brace and Connor Barnby effort ensured White Ensign would draw.

Elsewhere, Southend Manor were knocked out of the Gordon Brasted Memorial Trophy.

Having seen the tie end 1-1, Ilford won 5-4 on penalties.