BOWERS & Pitsea booked their place in the third qualifying round of the FA Cup for the first time in the club’s history by recording a 2-1 comeback win at Lewes.

Although Kayne Diedrick-Roberts put Lewes ahead from the penalty spot, goals from James Thomas and Brad Warner ensured Rob Small’s side would emerge victorious at the Dripping Pan for the second time already this season.

Bowers came closest to forcing a first half breakthrough headed a Tom Stephen corner onto the post.

Despite Bowers creating openings, Lewes broke the deadlock eight minutes after the interval.

Callum Chafer got a hand to Diedrick-Roberts’ penalty, but the effort still found the back of the net.

However, Thomas got Bowers back on level terms against their Isthmian Premier League rivals.

Lewis Manor’s flick-on found the winger, who cut inside before slotting home.

And Warner grabbed what proved to be the winner five minutes later.

Having entered the fray just two minutes earlier, Warner netted after a driving run from Thomas.

Chafer made a fine late save to deny Michael Dome-Bemwin, while Stefan Ilic blazed over to enable Bowers to make history.

However, Bowers will not be joined in the hat for the next round of the competition by Concord Rangers, who lost 3-1 to Isthmian Premier League outfit Margate.

The Beach Boys went ahead inside three minutes thanks to an Aron Pollock header.

But Margate hit back immediately through Noel Leighton.

And the game was turned on its head as Adem Ramadan found the back of the net inside eight minutes.

Lamar Reynolds struck the crossbar as Concord looked for a quick response.

Pollock thought he had grabbed his second goal of the afternoon when he nodded home before the break, but he was denied by the linesman’s flag.

Danny Scopes’ side went in search of an equaliser after the interval, but Concord’s hopes of forcing a replay were dashed when Jack Richards scored late on.

Meanwhile, Canvey Island will be involved in a replay as they were held to a goalless draw by 10-man St Ives Town.

Jason Hallett passed up two good first half opportunities before George Purcell saw an effort ruled out for offside.

The Gulls were handed a numerical advantage on the stroke of half-time as Jarvis Wilson was shown a straight red card following a tackle on Albert Levett.

With 66 minutes on the clock, Canvey missed a golden opportunity to book their place in the third qualifying round.

Having gone on the counter-attack, Purcell found Hallett and the striker flicked a perfect through ball into the path of Tobi Joseph, but his effort when one-on-one with the goalkeeper was saved.

Neither side could break the deadlock and they will do battle in a replay on Tuesday.

Meanwhile, East Thurrock United registered a late 2-1 Isthmian Premier League triumph over Brightlingsea Regent.

Frankie Merrifield gave Rocks a 36th minute lead from the penalty spot.

And it looked as though John Coventry’s side were going to be denied all three points when Jake Turner netted with 10 minutes remaining.

However, Merrifield completed his brace in injury time to ensure Rocks would move up to fourth place in the standings.

In the Isthmian North, Great Wakering Rovers were 2-0 winners against Witham Town.

Alfie Hilton gave Steve Butterworth’s outfit an 11th minute lead at Burroughs Park.

And Hilton was at the double as he wrapped up the three points two minutes after the interval.

Elsewhere, Hullbridge Sports were involved in an entertaining 3-3 draw at Tilbury.

Sports took a 22nd lead as Adebola Sotoyinbo converted a penalty after Matt Baxter had been brought down.

But Tilbury levelled 10 minutes later as Brian Moses headed home from close range.

And the Dockers were on the front foot four minutes after the break thanks to a George Whitby own goal.

Tilbury put daylight between the two sides as Moses completed his brace soon after.

But Hullbridge refused to go down without a fight and halved the deficit as Yemi Adelani added his name to the scoresheet with just under 20 minutes still to play.

And Sports stole a share of the spoils as Joe Wright headed home.

In the Essex Senior League, Michael Walther got his reign as Southend Manor manager off to a pleasing start with a 4-3 victory at Cockfosters.