EAST Thurrock United made it back-to-back wins by recording a 1-0 victory over Lewes.

Rocks, who officially renamed their Rookery Hill home the Grayers Graphics Stadium before kick-off on Non-League Day, went into their latest Isthmian Premier League fixture following a 3-2 triumph at Worthing seven days earlier.

And a Mitch Gilbey effort proved to be enough for John Coventry’s side to seal all three points.

The first meaningful effort came from the visitors with 13 minutes on the clock as Lewes central defender Alex Malins tried his luck from range.

Malins’ drive skidded along the wet surface but East Thurrock goalkeeper Jack Giddens was able to gather at the second attempt.

Rocks responded with Ben Marlow’s strike flying wide before the central midfielder stung the palms of Rooks custodian Nathan Stroomberg with a blistering strike after Lewes struggled to clear a Jason Ring cross.

The hosts broke the deadlock 10 minutes before the interval through Gilbey.

A defensive slip from Lewes proved costly as Danny Harris found himself through on goal.

Harris touched the ball away from Stroomberg and Gilbey raced onto the loose ball before calmly slotting home.

Frankie Merrifield then forced Stroomberg into a fine diving save after a neat turn, but one goal was enough to separate the two sides going into the break.

Lewes passed up a good chance to level matters eight minutes after the resumption.

Michael Onovwigun found himself in on goal but the midfielder unselfishly decided to try and pick out Dayshonne Golding outside the penalty area.

However, Golding – with numerous bodies between him and the goal – sent an effort high and wide.

James Hammond then saw a 30-yard free-kick blocked by the East Thurrock wall as the away side went in search of an equaliser.

Rocks hit back with Gilbey sending a low, curling drive wide after Marlow’s well-timed tackle on Leon Redwood presented Merrifield with the ball in a wide position.

With just under 20 minutes remaining, Ring should have put daylight between the two sides.

Gilbey’s long range strike deflected into the path of Ring and, with just the goalkeeper to beat, the right-back’s effort with the outside of the foot went wide of the target.

However, a solitary goal proved to be enough for East Thurrock to triumph and remain in the Isthmian Premier League play-off places.