BILLERICAY Town booked their place in the first round of the FA Cup for a third consecutive season after sealing an impressive 5-2 victory over Sutton United last night.

A Jake Robinson hat-trick, along with goals from Sam Deering and Odysseus Alfa, meant Harry Beautyman and Tommy Wright efforts were not enough for the National League visitors at New Lodge.

As a result of their fourth qualifying round replay success, Billericay will visit League Two side Forest Green Rovers next month.

Despite the hosts’ encouraging start to the clash, Billericay fell behind after 10 minutes as Rob Milsom’s teasing free-kick was flicked home by Beautyman.

However, Sutton’s lead did not last long as Town drew level 11 minutes later.

Deering’s free-kick was nodded goalwards by Robinson and, although goalkeeper Jamie Butler got his fingertips to the effort, the ball nestled in the back of the net via the crossbar.

While Sutton responded with Wright seeing a long range strike deflect inches over the crossbar, Billericay turned the game on its head soon after the half hour mark.

Jack Paxman broke into the penalty area before laying the ball off for Deering, who fired home from 18 yards.

Sutton were struggling to deal with the home side’s attacking threat and Alfie Potter’s drive, which was destined for the back of the net, was kept out thanks to an impressive block from the visitors’ captain Jamie Collins.

However, Billericay put daylight between the two sides six minutes before the break.

Sutton failed to deal with a pass over the top of the defence and Robinson pounced by lobbing over the stranded Butler to double his tally for the evening.

Robinson came within a whisker of completing a first half hat-trick as he fired wide when well-placed.

Billericay’s dominance continued after the break, with Alfa’s deflected strike finding the corner of the net four minutes into the second period.

Sutton responded with Wright’s scuffed effort hitting the post, but the frontman was not to be denied a place on the scoresheet as he narrowed the deficit by tapping home after the visitors struck the woodwork for a second time.

With Billericay looking to end Sutton’s hopes of staging a fightback, Queens Park Rangers loanee Alfa rattled the upright.

And Robinson stylishly rounded off an evening which began with the takeover of the National League South club being completed by notching a third goal.