BILLERICAY Town came from behind to seal a 1-1 draw with Weymouth tonight.

Abdulai Baggie put the Terras in the driving seat by curling home the opener at New Lodge.

But Jake Robinson, who missed a penalty earlier in the National League South contest, ensured Jamie O’Hara’s hosts would claim a share of the spoils by finding an equaliser.

Josh McQuoid missed two good opportunities to give the visitors an early lead.

The former Bournemouth striker sent a free header wide of the target when well placed before looping Calvin Brooks’ low cross over the top.

Billericay responded with Deon Moore curling wide after being found by the dangerous Ody Alfa, while the Bristol Rovers loanee then saw a strike deflect over the crossbar following a fine move involving Jacob Cook, Alfie Potter and Robinson.

Robinson headed the resulting corner wide from close range and Billericay were handed a golden opportunity to take the lead just before the half-hour mark.

Referee Jason Richardson pointed to the spot after Louis Ramsay’s marauding run was brought to an end, but Billericay failed to profit as Robinson’s powerful attempt was kept out by Terras goalkeeper Callum Ward.

Town continued to search for an opener and, after dispossessing Brooks, Alfa broke down the wing before feeding Moore. However, the striker’s ferocious drive went inches over the crossbar.

McQuoid passed up another presentable opportunity to get his name on the scoresheet when, five minutes before the break, the frontman pounced on Themis Kefalas’ slip and found himself in on goal.

With just Billericay goalkeeper Alan Julian to beat, McQuoid opted to go for power rather than placement and blazed high and wide.

Although McQuoid failed to take advantage, the Terras took the lead on the hour mark as Baggie curled home from 25 yards out, giving Julian no chance.

Billericay were handed an opportunity to respond immediately as Ward pushed a Ramsay cross back into the mixer, but Potter’s attempt was blocked.

Callum Kennedy made a welcome return to action by coming off the bench on 63 minutes, replacing Kefalas.

Town drew level on 73 minutes as, although Ward foiled Robinson when the striker went through on goal, Moore’s cross was slotted home by Robinson at the second attempt.

Having claimed an assist, Moore then headed inches wide as Billericay looked to turn the game on its head.

But a winner was not forthcoming and both sides were left to settle for a share of the spoils.