CONCORD Rangers, Canvey Island and Great Wakering Rovers recorded impressive victories but Billericay Town and East Thurrock United suffered defeats today.

Danny Scopes’ Concord progressed in the FA Trophy after coming from two goals down to seal a 3-2 first round win at Maidstone United.

Zihni Temelci and Matt McClure scored twice in the space of six first half minutes to put the hosts in the driving seat.

However, Concord responded well, with James Blanchfield heading narrowly wide and Billy Roast rattling the crossbar.

Huddersfield Town loanee Kit Elliott halved the Beach Boys’ deficit 11 minutes before the interval as he reacted quickest after Kreshnic Krasniqi had been denied.

Concord created a host of chances after the interval but had to wait until the 82nd minute to draw level through Lamar Reynolds.

And Danny Green ensured the Beach Boys would reach the second round of the competition by firing a free-kick into the back of the net four minutes later.

Mark Bentley’s Canvey made it back-to-back Isthmian North triumphs by beating Felixstowe & Walton United 3-1.

Canvey raced ahead inside five minutes thanks to Tobi Joseph finding the back of the net.

And the Gulls doubled their advantage against the strugglers as Jason Hallett added his name to the scoresheet shortly before the half-hour mark.

Felixstowe got back into the contest with substitute Joseph Yaxley converting nine minutes after the interval.

But Mike Finneran ensured Canvey found seal all three points by claiming a goal of his own.

Wakering recorded a fine 4-2 victory over Cambridge City.

Cambridge broke the deadlock inside nine minutes through Yaw Ofosu, but their lead did not last long as Jake Gordon equalised three minutes later.

And Wakering turned the game on its head with two goals in the space of three second half minutes.

Kojo Apenteng grabbed his first goal for the club following his move from Barking before Gordon completed his brace.

There were two goals late on as Luke Knight netted for Cambridge and Billy Johnson was on target for the visitors.

Billericay fell to a 3-2 National League South defeat at Dartford.

Jamie O’Hara’s side fell behind inside 10 minutes, with Darren McQueen on target.

Dartford made it two midway through the first half as former Dagenham & Redbridge midfielder Elliot Romain netted.

But Femi Akinwande made it two goals in as many appearances since joining Billericay from Braintree Town to halve the deficit.

Romain then grabbed his second goal of the afternoon to restore the home side’s two-goal advantage but, within minutes, Billericay were awarded a penalty which was duly converted by Jake Robinson.

East Thurrock suffered a narrow 1-0 loss to Isthmian Premier League high-flyers Horsham.

The only goal of the encounter came soon after the half-hour mark as Gary Charman found a way past Rocks goalkeeper Jack Giddens.