BILLERICAY Town recorded an eye-catching 3-1 win over National League South table-toppers Wealdstone tonight.

Ody Alfa gave Jamie O’Hara’s side a first half lead at New Lodge and, after Jack Jebb was dismissed as the visitors were reduced to 10 men, Jake Robinson scored from the penalty spot.

Jerome Okimo halved Wealdstone’s deficit, but Femi Akinwande wrapped up all three points late on.

Billericay’s debutant goalkeeper Nathan Harness, who joined on loan from Championship outfit Charlton Athletic just a matter of hours before kick-off, made an impressive block to stop his new side going behind inside 10 minutes.

Themis Kefalas’ misplaced header resulted in it looking like Dennon Lewis would tap home from close range, but Harness scampered across his line to make a vital save.

Billericay responded with Alfie Potter rifling over the crossbar after a fine counter-attack involving Akinwande and Alfa.

However, Town broke the deadlock with their next attack as, on 24 minutes, Alfa slotted into the bottom corner of the net from the edge of the penalty area having taken on two Wealdstone defenders.

Akinwande then fired over the top having seen Potter go on a marauding run from inside his own half, while Alfa forced Harry Isted into a smart stop after a poor punch from the goalkeeper fell to the Queens Park Rangers loanee 20 yards out.

Kefalas made a fine block to keep out former Billericay striker Adam Coombes’ fierce drive soon after the interval.

Harness then made a superb fingertip save to stop Lewis levelling with a close range header.

At the other end, Akinwande missed a golden opportunity to double Town’s lead as he fired over the crossbar when well-placed.

Wealdstone continued to search for a way back into the contest, but Harness made a comfortable save to foil Billy Clifford, who – along with Ross Lafayette, Coombes and substitute Connor Smith – was one of four former Billericay players to feature for the visitors.

With 77 minutes on the clock, Town doubled their lead and Wealdstone were reduced to 10 men.

Jebb, who had emerged as a substitute just five minutes earlier, was shown a straight red card after pushing Kefalas when the defender was about to slot into an empty net from close range.

Robinson thundered the resulting spot-kick into the top corner of the net, giving Isted no chance.

The frontman came close to doubling his tally for the evening as he was played through on goal by Alfa, who held the ball up well, but Isted rushed off his line and diverted the attempt onto the roof of the net.

With two minutes remaining, Wealdstone halved the deficit as captain Okimo scrambled the ball home.

But Billericay restored their two-goal advantage as the clash ticked into injury time thanks to Akinwande powering into the back of the net.

And Town were able to collect a welcome three points.