EAST Thurrock United and Basildon United notched impressive victories at the weekend, but Concord Rangers, Bowers & PitseaCanvey Island, Great Wakering Rovers, Hullbridge Sports and Southend Manor failed to claim maximum points.

John Coventry’s Rocks sealed a 3-0 win over Lewes as they remain within touching distance of the Isthmian Premier League play-offs.

The visitors were ahead inside 15 minutes as Kai Brown found Frankie Merrifield, who showed good composure before slotting home.

Rocks had to wait until the closing stages before putting daylight between the two sides.

Mitch Gilbey tucked the ball home before becoming the provider as Danny Harris rounded off the scoring.

Basildon recorded their first win since Alex Salmon took charge earlier this month, with the Bees registering an eye-catching 1-0 victory over Isthmian North table-toppers Heybridge Swifts.

The only goal of the game came with 11 minutes remaining.

Just three minutes after entering the fray as a substitute, Conor Tyrell grabbed the all-important goal.

Concord were made to settle for a 2-2 National League South draw with Eastbourne Borough.

David Olufemi put the Beach Boys ahead inside six minutes.

Eastbourne got back on level terms through Greg Luer but Concord restored their slender advantage shortly before the hour mark.

Aron Pollock went on a marauding run into the hosts’ penalty area and squared for Decarrey Sheriff to add his name to the scoresheet.

However, Eastbourne responded quickly and Ade Gbolahan equalised.

The Beach Boys thought they had bagged all three points when Pollock met Danny Green’s corner, but the officials deemed the effort to have not crossed the line.

Hullbridge Sports were also involved in a stalemate, with them drawing 1-1 with Isthmian North strugglers Felixstowe & Walton United.

Sports’ Kieran Bishop was frustrated by an offside call having netted shortly after half-time.

Felixstowe profited and broke the deadlock 10 minutes later thanks to Josh Kerridge nodding home.

However, Felixstowe were reduced to 10 men with 13 minutes remaining as Stuart Ainsley saw red.

And, with time running out, Hullbridge grabbed a share of the spoils with Adebola Sotoyinbo netting from long range.

In the Isthmian Premier League, Bowers lost 1-0 thanks to Lewwis Spence converting just two minutes into the contest.

Wakering suffered a 3-1 Isthmian North defeat to Histon.

Although George Purcell scored on his debut, the goal came after a Dan Brown brace and Evan Key effort had put Histon in control.

Wakering’s day got worse as Martin Tuohy, who had come on as a substitute, was sent off.

Also in the Isthmian North, Canvey lost 1-0 to Soham Town Rangers as Lloyd Groves made an impact off the bench.

Southend Manor drew 1-1 with Tower Hamlets on Friday.

Grant Francis gave Manor the lead with a stunning volley, but the hosts claimed a point through Enoch Sogamile’s leveller.