ELVIS Bwomono’s stoppage time header saw Southend United clinch a dramatic 2-1 win against Lincoln City.

A young and spirited Shrimpers side seemed to have been denied all three points when the Imps’ Harry Anderson headed home an 89th minute equaliser to cancel out Charlie Kelman’s opener.

But Blues fought back deep into stoppage time with Bwomono heading home to secure the Shrimpers’ their first home League win of the season.

In a game which slow to get going, Lincoln’s Max Melbourne saw a 25 yard free-kick palmed away by Blues goalkeeper Mark Oxley before the hosts hit back with Stephen McLaughlin sending a long range effort wide of the right upright.

Moments later, Tom Clifford – who was making his first start for Blues – curled a 20 yard free kick wide of the right post before Isaac Hutchinson’s volley was easily kept out by Lincoln goalkeeper Josh Vickers.

The visiting custodian soon also kept out a low effort from McLaughlin before Blues wasted a big chance to score at the start of the second half when a sliding Kelman fired Jason Demetriou’s cross over the crossbar from inside the six yard box.

Hutchinson then saw a well struck shot pushed wide of the right post by Vickers before Southend were forced into making their first change of the afternoon as John White went off with what appeared to be another arm injury and was replaced by Brandon Goodship.

Goodship soon teed up a chance for Barratt whose scuffed shot went across the face of goal but the Shrimpers continued to push and broke the deadlock in the 63rd minute, with Kelman on target for the sixth time this season.

The striker reacted sharply after a brilliant 20 yard shot from Harry Phillips had crashed back off the crossbar and fired a low shot into the bottom left hand corner of the net.

Lincoln came close to netting an immediate equaliser when former Blues striker Tom Hopper saw his low, left footed shot impressively blocked by the legs of Oxley.

In reply, Jason Demetriou sent a long range effort wide of the left post before Blues were forced into another change as Phillips limped off to be replaced by Miles Mitchell-Nelson for his first team debut.

The visitors soon started to get back into the game with Terence John-Jules sending a close range effort over the crossbar.

But the Imps were not to be denied and they rescued a point in the 89th minute when Anderson headed home after Jorge Grant’s right wing corner had been nodded back into his path by Cian Bolger.

Lincoln then nearly went in front when Jake Hesketh saw a deflected 20 yard shot tipped over by Oxley before the Shrimpers also went close at the death with Clifford seeing his close range effort blocked by Vickers.

However, the Shrimpers stayed on the attack and bagged a dramatic late winner when Bwomono headed home McLaughlin’s left wing corner at the near post to spark wild celebrations.