SOUTHEND & Benfleet's ladies first team were beaten 5-0 at Maldon. 

Benfleet faced an onslaught and the away side got off to a good start with attacking play.

However, their heads went down as Maldon scored first from a freak goal from an aerial ball into the D.

By half-time the score was 3-0 to Maldon before they raced further clear in the second half

Natasha Cheeseman earned herself player of the match for her efforts in defence. 

S&B's second team drew 4-4 with London Royals.

A fast start from S&B lead to an almost immediate lead. With just five minutes on the clock, Payton fed Barker from a short corner, the ball dispatched with pace, and a deserved 1-0 lead.

In what would ultimately prove to be a frantic first half, the goals came thick and fast. After settling into the rhythm of the game, the Royals struck back for 1-1, before Barker’s second of the game — a reverse slap into the right corner.

Then, after strong all round play, a further breakthrough. The push from Payton out of defence, Wright powering down the wing, and a composed finish from King who slipped the ball behind the Royals keeper in at the far post.

With S&B 3-1 ahead, the Royals found renewed drive and gradually powered back to 3-3 as half time approached.

It was the Royals who then struck their fourth of the day to take the lead in the second half, a half with all the same swift, powerful, end-to-end play that characterised the first period.

Stubbington claimed at least three goal line blocks, and with an acrobatic performance from Bates, S&B showed a defensive resilience to be proud of.

Then, with just 10 minutes to play, Durban strode through the pitch carrying the ball, scoring powerfully from the top of the D to level the game, before a resolute closing performance from both sides, and a share of the spoils.

Player of the match was Fran Bates.

The third team won 5-0 due to Maldon Academy conceding while the fourth team won 5-0 against Upminster. 

Anna Tutton was voted player of the match.