EAST Thurrock United fell to a 3-0 defeat away at Potters Bar Town on Tuesday night in the Isthmian Premier Division.

Former Southend United loanee Kazaiah Sterling opened the scoring just three minutes in, a second half double from Devonte Aransibia and Ben Ward-Cochrane compounded The Rocks to their third defeat from their last four matches.

Paul Martin’s side now sit 17th in the league table, hovering above the relegation zone by just a point.

In the Isthmian North, Canvey Island launched themselves to the top of the table with an impressive 4-2 victory at Barking.

Harrison Chatting opened the scoring in the match, but a quickfire double from the hosts saw them take a 2-1 lead in the 27th minute.

However, shortly after the half-time interval, Conor Hubble and Evans Kouassi converted as the Gulls retook the lead, the latter was then at hand to net his second goal of the game and his eighth of the season in the 68th minute to give Mark Bentley’s side breathing space.

Canvey are the second highest scorers in all of the Isthmian League for the 21/22 season, a testament to the attacking, free-flowing football that Bentley has his side playing.

Elsewhere, Hullbridge Sports suffered their third consecutive 4-1 defeat, this time visiting Coggeshall Town.

A Sam Bantick hat-trick, aided by a Dean Ager strike helped Coggeshall on their way to a point maximum, as Stephen Sullivan’s first three matches in charge have all produced the same outcome.

To round up the midweek action, Great Wakering Rovers were beaten 5-3 in an eight-goal thriller at home to Brentwood Town.

In a poor start to the match, Stephen Butterworth’s side were 2-0 down by the 16th minute, Andrew Freeman and Rob Harvey on target. Rovers looked to make a comeback when Ashley Nzala reduced the arrears five minutes later.

But, after the half-time break, the visitors extended their lead, Daniel Ogunleye notched his side’s third goal of the match in the 58th minute.

Butterworth’s men were not going down without a fight, and they levelled the game up with two goals in quick succession, Charlie Morris and Michael Gilbey scoring in the 65th and 72nd minute respectively.

However, they could not hold on for the point, two late goals by Harvey completed his hat-trick and continued Rovers’ stay at the bottom of the table.