Policeman from Rayleigh sacked for sending porn to officers

Echo: PC sacked for sending porn to officers PC sacked for sending porn to officers

A POLICE officer from Rayleigh has been sacked for sending “disgusting and offensive’’ porn to colleagues from his mobile phone.

James Addison, who was with the Met’s diplomatic protection group and was also investigated in the wake of the Plebgate row, lost his job after being found guilty of gross misconduct.

An internal panel found the constable’s conduct was discreditable when he sent the obscene pictures and videos, which featured bizarre sex acts and defecation.

The 37-year-old Addison was fined £6,000 in May after admitting at Westminster Magistrates’ Court the previous month 11 counts of publishing an obscene article.

Deputy assistant commissioner Fiona Taylor, of the Met’s directorate of professional standards, said: “We set the highest standards for our officers. They know the lawand that the sharing of obscene images is illegal.’’ Addison was one of 14 officers investigated for either criminal offences or misconduct after the porn was found.

No criminal action will be taken against the others, but nine face internal investigation.

Addison faced an internal investigation over the aftermath of the Plebgate row. But a hearing found the case against him was not proved.

He had been accused of making a false statement to fellow officers investigating the row, by denying he had been in contact with PC Keith Wallis.

Wallis was later jailed and sacked for pretending to have witnessed the confrontation with the- then Government chief whip, Andrew Mitchell.

Comments (11)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

10:03am Tue 17 Jun 14

born and raised criminal says...

Police of late are coming under so much investigation. It's just so corrupt the police force. They are just a bunch of criminals wearing police uniform.
Police of late are coming under so much investigation. It's just so corrupt the police force. They are just a bunch of criminals wearing police uniform. born and raised criminal
  • Score: -7

12:19pm Tue 17 Jun 14

SLord90 says...

born and raised criminal wrote:
Police of late are coming under so much investigation. It's just so corrupt the police force. They are just a bunch of criminals wearing police uniform.
says the one with 'born and raised criminal'
how old are you?
[quote][p][bold]born and raised criminal[/bold] wrote: Police of late are coming under so much investigation. It's just so corrupt the police force. They are just a bunch of criminals wearing police uniform.[/p][/quote]says the one with 'born and raised criminal' how old are you? SLord90
  • Score: 4

12:22pm Tue 17 Jun 14

pembury53 says...

damned if they do, damned if they don't......... the public call for our civil servants to 'be in touch' with the ordinary citizen, yet when they behave just like the rest of us they are condemned for it !
damned if they do, damned if they don't......... the public call for our civil servants to 'be in touch' with the ordinary citizen, yet when they behave just like the rest of us they are condemned for it ! pembury53
  • Score: -2

12:36pm Tue 17 Jun 14

emcee says...

pembury53 wrote:
damned if they do, damned if they don't......... the public call for our civil servants to 'be in touch' with the ordinary citizen, yet when they behave just like the rest of us they are condemned for it !
No, means that nobodody, including the police, should be above the law. Being in touch does not mean that they should be able to break the law or act in a manner which causes concern just because certain less desirable citizens act that way. Being in touch means to understand how society ticks and how individual members of the public feel about certain aspects of that society.
[quote][p][bold]pembury53[/bold] wrote: damned if they do, damned if they don't......... the public call for our civil servants to 'be in touch' with the ordinary citizen, yet when they behave just like the rest of us they are condemned for it ![/p][/quote]No, means that nobodody, including the police, should be above the law. Being in touch does not mean that they should be able to break the law or act in a manner which causes concern just because certain less desirable citizens act that way. Being in touch means to understand how society ticks and how individual members of the public feel about certain aspects of that society. emcee
  • Score: 12

12:43pm Tue 17 Jun 14

roger moore says...

where a MP's do this sort of thing all the time and no action is taken.
where a MP's do this sort of thing all the time and no action is taken. roger moore
  • Score: 7

1:18pm Tue 17 Jun 14

pembury53 says...

emcee wrote:
pembury53 wrote: damned if they do, damned if they don't......... the public call for our civil servants to 'be in touch' with the ordinary citizen, yet when they behave just like the rest of us they are condemned for it !
No, means that nobodody, including the police, should be above the law. Being in touch does not mean that they should be able to break the law or act in a manner which causes concern just because certain less desirable citizens act that way. Being in touch means to understand how society ticks and how individual members of the public feel about certain aspects of that society.
it seems like he was just having a laugh, with his mates, on their mobiles though, hardly a cause for this 'witch hunt' its how many villians he got that counts......
[quote][p][bold]emcee[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]pembury53[/bold] wrote: damned if they do, damned if they don't......... the public call for our civil servants to 'be in touch' with the ordinary citizen, yet when they behave just like the rest of us they are condemned for it ![/p][/quote]No, means that nobodody, including the police, should be above the law. Being in touch does not mean that they should be able to break the law or act in a manner which causes concern just because certain less desirable citizens act that way. Being in touch means to understand how society ticks and how individual members of the public feel about certain aspects of that society.[/p][/quote]it seems like he was just having a laugh, with his mates, on their mobiles though, hardly a cause for this 'witch hunt' its how many villians he got that counts...... pembury53
  • Score: 9

1:54pm Tue 17 Jun 14

Robin Reliant says...

pembury53 wrote:
emcee wrote:
pembury53 wrote: damned if they do, damned if they don't......... the public call for our civil servants to 'be in touch' with the ordinary citizen, yet when they behave just like the rest of us they are condemned for it !
No, means that nobodody, including the police, should be above the law. Being in touch does not mean that they should be able to break the law or act in a manner which causes concern just because certain less desirable citizens act that way. Being in touch means to understand how society ticks and how individual members of the public feel about certain aspects of that society.
it seems like he was just having a laugh, with his mates, on their mobiles though, hardly a cause for this 'witch hunt' its how many villians he got that counts......
Thats why i feel theres more to this story, plus the pure mention of the plebgate row.
[quote][p][bold]pembury53[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]emcee[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]pembury53[/bold] wrote: damned if they do, damned if they don't......... the public call for our civil servants to 'be in touch' with the ordinary citizen, yet when they behave just like the rest of us they are condemned for it ![/p][/quote]No, means that nobodody, including the police, should be above the law. Being in touch does not mean that they should be able to break the law or act in a manner which causes concern just because certain less desirable citizens act that way. Being in touch means to understand how society ticks and how individual members of the public feel about certain aspects of that society.[/p][/quote]it seems like he was just having a laugh, with his mates, on their mobiles though, hardly a cause for this 'witch hunt' its how many villians he got that counts......[/p][/quote]Thats why i feel theres more to this story, plus the pure mention of the plebgate row. Robin Reliant
  • Score: 4

6:47pm Tue 17 Jun 14

sosad 1 says...

pembury says they the police are condemmed just like us no mate not us I dont watch **** or send it if you think that's ok you are as bad as the convicted copper
pembury says they the police are condemmed just like us no mate not us I dont watch **** or send it if you think that's ok you are as bad as the convicted copper sosad 1
  • Score: 1

7:05pm Tue 17 Jun 14

born and raised criminal says...

SLord90 wrote:
born and raised criminal wrote:
Police of late are coming under so much investigation. It's just so corrupt the police force. They are just a bunch of criminals wearing police uniform.
says the one with 'born and raised criminal'
how old are you?
Im not a pig though am I in a uniform.
[quote][p][bold]SLord90[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]born and raised criminal[/bold] wrote: Police of late are coming under so much investigation. It's just so corrupt the police force. They are just a bunch of criminals wearing police uniform.[/p][/quote]says the one with 'born and raised criminal' how old are you?[/p][/quote]Im not a pig though am I in a uniform. born and raised criminal
  • Score: -3

7:35pm Tue 17 Jun 14

LexyGirl says...

sosad 1 wrote:
pembury says they the police are condemmed just like us no mate not us I dont watch **** or send it if you think that's ok you are as bad as the convicted copper
Yes I agree with you and was going to write exactly the same thing.
[quote][p][bold]sosad 1[/bold] wrote: pembury says they the police are condemmed just like us no mate not us I dont watch **** or send it if you think that's ok you are as bad as the convicted copper[/p][/quote]Yes I agree with you and was going to write exactly the same thing. LexyGirl
  • Score: 2

11:11am Wed 18 Jun 14

SLord90 says...

born and raised criminal wrote:
SLord90 wrote:
born and raised criminal wrote:
Police of late are coming under so much investigation. It's just so corrupt the police force. They are just a bunch of criminals wearing police uniform.
says the one with 'born and raised criminal'
how old are you?
Im not a pig though am I in a uniform.
Lets just hope you never need the Police! Then I would like to see you call them a pig to their face once they have done something to help you. idiot.
[quote][p][bold]born and raised criminal[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]SLord90[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]born and raised criminal[/bold] wrote: Police of late are coming under so much investigation. It's just so corrupt the police force. They are just a bunch of criminals wearing police uniform.[/p][/quote]says the one with 'born and raised criminal' how old are you?[/p][/quote]Im not a pig though am I in a uniform.[/p][/quote]Lets just hope you never need the Police! Then I would like to see you call them a pig to their face once they have done something to help you. idiot. SLord90
  • Score: 1

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree