Get involved: send your pictures, video, news and views by texting ECHONEWS to 80360, or email us »
Man escapes chip fire by climbing out of window in Southend flat
8:23am Tuesday 6th May 2014 in News
A MAN escaped a chip pan fire in his kitchen by climbing out of his window in the early hours of the morning.
Two fire engines attended the blaze in the first floor flat at 53A Surbiton Road shortly after midnight this morning.
Crews wore breathing apparatus and used one hose reel jet to extinguish the blaze which was said to have intensified as the resident attempted to put it out.
The resident escaped by climbing out of a window and suffered no injuries or smoke inhalation as the fire service extinguished the blaze by 0.40am.
Comments are closed on this article.