Unattended cooking sparks flat fire in Basildon

Echo: Unattended cooking sparks flat fire in Basildon Unattended cooking sparks flat fire in Basildon

FIREFIGHTERS were called to a flat fire in Basildon late on Saturday night after the occupant got locked out, leaving cooking unattended.

The cooking, on the kitchen stove, sparked a fire in the property in Polsteads, with two crews from Basildon attending shortly before midnight.

After gaining entry to the property, crews wearing breathing apparatus reported the flat as heavily smoke logged, extinguished the fire and used a high pressure fan to clear the smoke.

There were no reported casualties.

Comments

Post a comment

Remember you are personally responsible for what you post on this site and must abide by our site terms. Do not post anything that is false, abusive or malicious. If you wish to complain, please use the ‘report this post’ link.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree