Councillor flees from Kenyan jail hell

Echo: Fugitive – Daniel Munyambu Fugitive – Daniel Munyambu

A COUNCILLOR has returned to Basildon after fleeing Kenya, where he is facing trial for fraud.

Daniel Munyambu, who was elected as Labour councillor for Vange last year, has gone on the run claiming he has been set up for a crime he didn’t commit back in his homeland.

Mr Munyambu, 38, is now living in fear he could be extradited back to Kenya if agents for its Government seek him out.

Mr Munyambu revealed his extraordinary story to the Echo yesterday, and said he became a fugitive by jumping bail and travelling for two weeks across the African continent on public transport to try to avoid capture.

He claims he is being fitted up by corrupt officials and could end up dying in a “hellish” prison in Africa.

Mr Munyambu believes a political speech he made nine days before his arrest, coupled with his political career in Basildon, may be the reason for a plot to destroy his credibility, using a former business dispute to bring charges.

He said: “You have to understand how things work in my country. It is a police state and if you bribe the right person in the police or court, you can get what you want and destroy someone. That was happening to me.”

Mr Munyambu has been charged with three counts of fraud in connection with Clickett Traders, a 4x4 vehicle export business he ran from his home in Clickett End, Basildon.

Kenyan prosecutors allege he forged invoices for a Land Cruiser he never intended exporting to a Kenyan businessman to falsely obtain £15,800 from him, in November 2008.

Mr Munyambu vehemently denies any fraud and said the allegations stem from a dispute with the businessman, which should have been dealt with as a civil matter in the UK.

He was arrested on April 2 and remanded in prison the next day until April 10. His trial was set to take place in July.

He said: “The prison in Kenya was like hell. It was overcrowded, there were no beds, we had to share blankets and there were no windows. It was not habitable for a human. There were 70 people in one cell.”

He said he did not eat any food for fear of being poisoned and his family had to pay a sympathetic prison warden to buy food for him from a shop.

At a hearing on April 10, bail was given after two relatives put up surety, including a vehicle and land deeds.

He said: “When I was on bail, one of the court staff helped me. He told me they were trying to get a woman, who put up surety for me, to take it back so I went back on remand.”

He spent the next three days visiting relatives before leaving, but says he did not tell anyone, including his own mother, about his escape plan, which involved a 20-hour bus ride.

He said: “I was 50 per cent relieved when I left Kenya, but it wasn’t proper relief until I was on the flight back. When I got home in Basildon it was like being born again.”

Mr Munyambu claims there is a plot to destroy his credability ahead of any plans he has to stand for elections in Kenya.

He is also fearful for his safety now he is back in Britain.

He added: “They may try extradition, but there are people here working for the Kenyan Government who know where I am and could come here and do anything.”

A Home Office spokesman said: “The UK does have extradition agreements with Kenya, but we would not comment on individual cases until an arrest was made.”

Comments (45)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

12:15pm Mon 11 Jun 12

wobblybob says...

Send him back.
He is a Nigerian accused of conning another Nigerian living in Nigeria.
To say the dispute should have gone through the UK courts because he was in the UK at the time is quite frankly laughable.
I don't suppose the relatives who provided (& have now lost) his bail are too happy either.
Send him back. He is a Nigerian accused of conning another Nigerian living in Nigeria. To say the dispute should have gone through the UK courts because he was in the UK at the time is quite frankly laughable. I don't suppose the relatives who provided (& have now lost) his bail are too happy either. wobblybob

12:20pm Mon 11 Jun 12

Bonky Badger says...

Why am I not surprised he's a Labour councillor?
Why am I not surprised he's a Labour councillor? Bonky Badger

12:30pm Mon 11 Jun 12

Marcus P says...

I read recently that 20% of the GDP of Kenya is lost through fraud and corruption. Even if he was guilty of the crimes, there is no way soft touch UK would extradite him. Human rights and all that!
I read recently that 20% of the GDP of Kenya is lost through fraud and corruption. Even if he was guilty of the crimes, there is no way soft touch UK would extradite him. Human rights and all that! Marcus P

12:33pm Mon 11 Jun 12

Leighdweller says...

I quote: He said: “You have to understand how things work in my country."


Isn't 'his country' England now? After all he's an appointed public representative.

More importantly, I would suggest that whilst he's "on the run" he is unfit for office, irrespective of the jurisdiction the alleged offence took place in.

Send him back.
I quote: He said: “You have to understand how things work in my country." Isn't 'his country' England now? After all he's an appointed public representative. More importantly, I would suggest that whilst he's "on the run" he is unfit for office, irrespective of the jurisdiction the alleged offence took place in. Send him back. Leighdweller

12:38pm Mon 11 Jun 12

nicknows says...

I quote from the above article

He said: “You have to understand how things work in my country”

Well Daniel Munyambu if you class Kenya as your country why are you living in Basildon Essex and why have you stood for election as a local councillor.

Your actions of leaving Kenya illegally show you not to be an honourable man.

My sympathies are with those relatives who had trust in you and stood surety for your release from prison on bail. You have dishonoured them by fleeing.

Did the Kenyan authorities not confiscate his passport? If so how did he manage to fly back to the UK. Did he claim to have lost his passport or perhaps travel on someone else’s?

IMHO his return to the UK needs to be looked into!

He should also be immediately have his councillor status removed as by his own admission he breaks the law to suit himself.

As to talking to the Echo about the injustice of the situation what about the injustice he has not only given to his family but the people that voted for him?
I quote from the above article He said: “You have to understand how things work in my country” Well Daniel Munyambu if you class Kenya as your country why are you living in Basildon Essex and why have you stood for election as a local councillor. Your actions of leaving Kenya illegally show you not to be an honourable man. My sympathies are with those relatives who had trust in you and stood surety for your release from prison on bail. You have dishonoured them by fleeing. Did the Kenyan authorities not confiscate his passport? If so how did he manage to fly back to the UK. Did he claim to have lost his passport or perhaps travel on someone else’s? IMHO his return to the UK needs to be looked into! He should also be immediately have his councillor status removed as by his own admission he breaks the law to suit himself. As to talking to the Echo about the injustice of the situation what about the injustice he has not only given to his family but the people that voted for him? nicknows

12:48pm Mon 11 Jun 12

Alekhine says...

Calling all Labour voters in Basildon - ever get the feeling Labour are laughing at you?
.
Calling all Labour voters in Basildon - ever get the feeling Labour are laughing at you? . Alekhine

1:06pm Mon 11 Jun 12

emcee says...

I would normally say that there is no smoke without fire. However, we must also remember that a lot of African nations are corrupt and incidents involving the legal aspects of these countries should be taken with a pinch of salt.
I would normally say that there is no smoke without fire. However, we must also remember that a lot of African nations are corrupt and incidents involving the legal aspects of these countries should be taken with a pinch of salt. emcee

1:14pm Mon 11 Jun 12

Major Incident says...

http://www.standardm
edia.co.ke/?id=20000
55862&cid=4&articleI
D=2000055862

Mr Manyambu should return to Kenya and prove his innocence. Despite his claims of corrupt court officials he should live by the words of his own election slogan - ” IT CAN BE DONE, PLAY YOUR PART”.
http://www.standardm edia.co.ke/?id=20000 55862&cid=4&articleI D=2000055862 Mr Manyambu should return to Kenya and prove his innocence. Despite his claims of corrupt court officials he should live by the words of his own election slogan - ” IT CAN BE DONE, PLAY YOUR PART”. Major Incident

1:18pm Mon 11 Jun 12

LordSpiffSpaffingtonThe2nd says...

If nigeria pay me i'll go all bounty hunter on him and get him back there
If nigeria pay me i'll go all bounty hunter on him and get him back there LordSpiffSpaffingtonThe2nd

1:25pm Mon 11 Jun 12

EthanEdwards says...

Leighdweller wrote:
I quote: He said: “You have to understand how things work in my country." Isn't 'his country' England now? After all he's an appointed public representative. More importantly, I would suggest that whilst he's "on the run" he is unfit for office, irrespective of the jurisdiction the alleged offence took place in. Send him back.
Yes that was my thought exactly. If you consider somewhere else as 'your country' then your located in the wrong place mate.
[quote][p][bold]Leighdweller[/bold] wrote: I quote: He said: “You have to understand how things work in my country." Isn't 'his country' England now? After all he's an appointed public representative. More importantly, I would suggest that whilst he's "on the run" he is unfit for office, irrespective of the jurisdiction the alleged offence took place in. Send him back.[/p][/quote]Yes that was my thought exactly. If you consider somewhere else as 'your country' then your located in the wrong place mate. EthanEdwards

1:29pm Mon 11 Jun 12

Alekhine says...

emcee wrote:
I would normally say that there is no smoke without fire. However, we must also remember that a lot of African nations are corrupt and incidents involving the legal aspects of these countries should be taken with a pinch of salt.
There is a large and well known 2nd hand car sales "business" running into west Africa. Panorama put a tracker on a car and left it in an east end theft blackspot a while ago. They then watched it get loaded on a ship for Lagos (after an ID change ofcourse).
.
It is true that tin pot regimes will only pursue the course of law when the suspect is not in with the "in crowd". My Munyambu has clearly upset somebody.
.
[quote][p][bold]emcee[/bold] wrote: I would normally say that there is no smoke without fire. However, we must also remember that a lot of African nations are corrupt and incidents involving the legal aspects of these countries should be taken with a pinch of salt.[/p][/quote]There is a large and well known 2nd hand car sales "business" running into west Africa. Panorama put a tracker on a car and left it in an east end theft blackspot a while ago. They then watched it get loaded on a ship for Lagos (after an ID change ofcourse). . It is true that tin pot regimes will only pursue the course of law when the suspect is not in with the "in crowd". My Munyambu has clearly upset somebody. . Alekhine

1:49pm Mon 11 Jun 12

EthanEdwards says...

Alekhine wrote:
Calling all Labour voters in Basildon - ever get the feeling Labour are laughing at you? .
If it's Gordon McBroon then the laughter is utterly insane and aimed at the whole country.

Mr Munyambu even if the allegations are in fact correct, is frankly no worse than the rest of the Labour /Liberal/ Conservative party.

if you lot keep voting for the three main 'showers of sheeeyite' then don't be surprised if thats the ethical standards of your elected representatives. Vote Criminals get Criminals.
[quote][p][bold]Alekhine[/bold] wrote: Calling all Labour voters in Basildon - ever get the feeling Labour are laughing at you? .[/p][/quote]If it's Gordon McBroon then the laughter is utterly insane and aimed at the whole country. Mr Munyambu even if the allegations are in fact correct, is frankly no worse than the rest of the Labour /Liberal/ Conservative party. if you lot keep voting for the three main 'showers of sheeeyite' then don't be surprised if thats the ethical standards of your elected representatives. Vote Criminals get Criminals. EthanEdwards

1:51pm Mon 11 Jun 12

EstuaryView says...

Why is he being called Mr Munyambu in this article?

I've looked up his company on Companies House's website and his real name is MR DANIEL MUNYAMBU KAMAU (presumably MRS MARY KAMAU, another director of his company is spouse).

According to Companies House's website Mr Kamau's company was struck off and dissolved after trading for two years without filing any accounts.

Now, I have no proof that this is what happened in this case, but it is not unknown for sleazy characters to set up a company and then let it be struck out, leaving people who are owed money by the company high and dry.

And I suppose the fact that no accounts were ever filed will make it nigh impossible to establish what really went on.

In any event, this does not look good at all.

And if he really is using his middle name as though it was his family name, it looks even worse.

I hope the Labour party will now suspend him pending a full investigation?
Why is he being called Mr Munyambu in this article? I've looked up his company on Companies House's website and his real name is MR DANIEL MUNYAMBU KAMAU (presumably MRS MARY KAMAU, another director of his company is spouse). According to Companies House's website Mr Kamau's company was struck off and dissolved after trading for two years without filing any accounts. Now, I have no proof that this is what happened in this case, but it is not unknown for sleazy characters to set up a company and then let it be struck out, leaving people who are owed money by the company high and dry. And I suppose the fact that no accounts were ever filed will make it nigh impossible to establish what really went on. In any event, this does not look good at all. And if he really is using his middle name as though it was his family name, it looks even worse. I hope the Labour party will now suspend him pending a full investigation? EstuaryView

2:14pm Mon 11 Jun 12

frank & monty says...

Can we please have him as a Councillor in Southend?
Can we please have him as a Councillor in Southend? frank & monty

2:16pm Mon 11 Jun 12

bazaarhorse says...

Bonky Badger wrote:
Why am I not surprised he's a Labour councillor?
Yeah why ? maybe because Tory's are more honest :) Thanks for brightening my day.
[quote][p][bold]Bonky Badger[/bold] wrote: Why am I not surprised he's a Labour councillor?[/p][/quote]Yeah why ? maybe because Tory's are more honest :) Thanks for brightening my day. bazaarhorse

2:30pm Mon 11 Jun 12

A Dermot says...

I feel sorry for his relatives who I would assume have now lost their vehicle and land because he fled.
I feel sorry for his relatives who I would assume have now lost their vehicle and land because he fled. A Dermot

2:36pm Mon 11 Jun 12

Alekhine says...

frank & monty wrote:
Can we please have him as a Councillor in Southend?
Or Rochford - we can do a swap for Keith Gordon.
[quote][p][bold]frank & monty[/bold] wrote: Can we please have him as a Councillor in Southend?[/p][/quote]Or Rochford - we can do a swap for Keith Gordon. Alekhine

2:41pm Mon 11 Jun 12

GeneralGrb says...

EthanEdwards wrote:
Leighdweller wrote: I quote: He said: “You have to understand how things work in my country." Isn't 'his country' England now? After all he's an appointed public representative. More importantly, I would suggest that whilst he's "on the run" he is unfit for office, irrespective of the jurisdiction the alleged offence took place in. Send him back.
Yes that was my thought exactly. If you consider somewhere else as 'your country' then your located in the wrong place mate.
I live in Essex but still consider myself a West Londoner who has moved to Essex. Also my father is Welsh, but lived in England 79 years, but Wales is still his country.
I have no idea about this councillor or his dealings, but do feel he can consider his place of birth as his country even if he doesn't live there.
[quote][p][bold]EthanEdwards[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Leighdweller[/bold] wrote: I quote: He said: “You have to understand how things work in my country." Isn't 'his country' England now? After all he's an appointed public representative. More importantly, I would suggest that whilst he's "on the run" he is unfit for office, irrespective of the jurisdiction the alleged offence took place in. Send him back.[/p][/quote]Yes that was my thought exactly. If you consider somewhere else as 'your country' then your located in the wrong place mate.[/p][/quote]I live in Essex but still consider myself a West Londoner who has moved to Essex. Also my father is Welsh, but lived in England 79 years, but Wales is still his country. I have no idea about this councillor or his dealings, but do feel he can consider his place of birth as his country even if he doesn't live there. GeneralGrb

3:27pm Mon 11 Jun 12

UK Fan says...

Alekhine wrote:
Calling all Labour voters in Basildon - ever get the feeling Labour are laughing at you?
.
Why so narrow minded? Ever wondered if they are not all laughing at you?

There needs to be an additional box to check on the next ballot paper: None of the above.

Now THAT would be the party I would vote for.
[quote][p][bold]Alekhine[/bold] wrote: Calling all Labour voters in Basildon - ever get the feeling Labour are laughing at you? .[/p][/quote]Why so narrow minded? Ever wondered if they are not all laughing at you? There needs to be an additional box to check on the next ballot paper: None of the above. Now THAT would be the party I would vote for. UK Fan

3:33pm Mon 11 Jun 12

EthanEdwards says...

GeneralGrb wrote:
EthanEdwards wrote:
Leighdweller wrote: I quote: He said: “You have to understand how things work in my country." Isn't 'his country' England now? After all he's an appointed public representative. More importantly, I would suggest that whilst he's "on the run" he is unfit for office, irrespective of the jurisdiction the alleged offence took place in. Send him back.
Yes that was my thought exactly. If you consider somewhere else as 'your country' then your located in the wrong place mate.
I live in Essex but still consider myself a West Londoner who has moved to Essex. Also my father is Welsh, but lived in England 79 years, but Wales is still his country. I have no idea about this councillor or his dealings, but do feel he can consider his place of birth as his country even if he doesn't live there.
I disagree 100%. My father was from Neath but didn't consider himself Welsh to the exclusion of his chosen country- England.
In MrMyunambu's case If I enter a country and stand for election then it's a massive smack in the kisser to the electorate if you regard them as foreigners. Such ingratitude for the country that is giving you a living and a safe haven.
[quote][p][bold]GeneralGrb[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]EthanEdwards[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Leighdweller[/bold] wrote: I quote: He said: “You have to understand how things work in my country." Isn't 'his country' England now? After all he's an appointed public representative. More importantly, I would suggest that whilst he's "on the run" he is unfit for office, irrespective of the jurisdiction the alleged offence took place in. Send him back.[/p][/quote]Yes that was my thought exactly. If you consider somewhere else as 'your country' then your located in the wrong place mate.[/p][/quote]I live in Essex but still consider myself a West Londoner who has moved to Essex. Also my father is Welsh, but lived in England 79 years, but Wales is still his country. I have no idea about this councillor or his dealings, but do feel he can consider his place of birth as his country even if he doesn't live there.[/p][/quote]I disagree 100%. My father was from Neath but didn't consider himself Welsh to the exclusion of his chosen country- England. In MrMyunambu's case If I enter a country and stand for election then it's a massive smack in the kisser to the electorate if you regard them as foreigners. Such ingratitude for the country that is giving you a living and a safe haven. EthanEdwards

3:36pm Mon 11 Jun 12

Alekhine says...

UK Fan wrote:
Alekhine wrote: Calling all Labour voters in Basildon - ever get the feeling Labour are laughing at you? .
Why so narrow minded? Ever wondered if they are not all laughing at you? There needs to be an additional box to check on the next ballot paper: None of the above. Now THAT would be the party I would vote for.
No policies at all then. Just 40% tax with nobody in charge?
.
Sure the other parties do similar things but they are not quite so blatant about it. Someone said Dick Turpin had the decency to wear a mask.
.
[quote][p][bold]UK Fan[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Alekhine[/bold] wrote: Calling all Labour voters in Basildon - ever get the feeling Labour are laughing at you? .[/p][/quote]Why so narrow minded? Ever wondered if they are not all laughing at you? There needs to be an additional box to check on the next ballot paper: None of the above. Now THAT would be the party I would vote for.[/p][/quote]No policies at all then. Just 40% tax with nobody in charge? . Sure the other parties do similar things but they are not quite so blatant about it. Someone said Dick Turpin had the decency to wear a mask. . Alekhine

3:54pm Mon 11 Jun 12

ShipShape says...

So, I take it that this fugitive has or will be suspended until the situation is sorted out?

It would have been good to see the Kenyan Official response to the allegations... especially the conspiracy nut style claims of Kenyan snatch squads operating in the UK.
So, I take it that this fugitive has or will be suspended until the situation is sorted out? It would have been good to see the Kenyan Official response to the allegations... especially the conspiracy nut style claims of Kenyan snatch squads operating in the UK. ShipShape

4:14pm Mon 11 Jun 12

EthanEdwards says...

Kenya is a respected member of the Commonwealth isn't it? Police state? Utterly corrupt you say? So whats the point of the commonwealth then? If MrMyunabu is correct then why are we still shovelling UK International Aid to a corrupt police state then? This doesn't add up.
Kenya is a respected member of the Commonwealth isn't it? Police state? Utterly corrupt you say? So whats the point of the commonwealth then? If MrMyunabu is correct then why are we still shovelling UK International Aid to a corrupt police state then? This doesn't add up. EthanEdwards

5:00pm Mon 11 Jun 12

emcee says...

EthanEdwards wrote:
Kenya is a respected member of the Commonwealth isn't it? Police state? Utterly corrupt you say? So whats the point of the commonwealth then? If MrMyunabu is correct then why are we still shovelling UK International Aid to a corrupt police state then? This doesn't add up.
Because shovelling UK International Aid to a corrupt country is what we do. It's in the genes you know.
[quote][p][bold]EthanEdwards[/bold] wrote: Kenya is a respected member of the Commonwealth isn't it? Police state? Utterly corrupt you say? So whats the point of the commonwealth then? If MrMyunabu is correct then why are we still shovelling UK International Aid to a corrupt police state then? This doesn't add up.[/p][/quote]Because shovelling UK International Aid to a corrupt country is what we do. It's in the genes you know. emcee

7:35pm Mon 11 Jun 12

E-Types says...

He has obviously found a home amidst his own type in among the Basildon council and councillors LOL.
He has obviously found a home amidst his own type in among the Basildon council and councillors LOL. E-Types

8:11pm Mon 11 Jun 12

soul man says...

keep an eye on this guy is all i can say
keep an eye on this guy is all i can say soul man

9:24pm Mon 11 Jun 12

benfleet101 says...

EstuaryView wrote:
Why is he being called Mr Munyambu in this article?

I've looked up his company on Companies House's website and his real name is MR DANIEL MUNYAMBU KAMAU (presumably MRS MARY KAMAU, another director of his company is spouse).

According to Companies House's website Mr Kamau's company was struck off and dissolved after trading for two years without filing any accounts.

Now, I have no proof that this is what happened in this case, but it is not unknown for sleazy characters to set up a company and then let it be struck out, leaving people who are owed money by the company high and dry.

And I suppose the fact that no accounts were ever filed will make it nigh impossible to establish what really went on.

In any event, this does not look good at all.

And if he really is using his middle name as though it was his family name, it looks even worse.

I hope the Labour party will now suspend him pending a full investigation?
It says 'dissolved' and not 'in liquidation'. You are right that there are many 'sleazy' businessmen around but is not that easy to dissolve an active company that owes money, for one thing a notice gets posted in the London Gazzette which is picked up online 'alert' companies. Also, Daniel Munyambu has another, active UK company 'Alliences UK Ltd' which is trading and files its accounts each year, on time with Companies House. Although I have no concrete evidence one way or the other, quick check around and nothing sleazy jumped out.

Oh, and why do posters keep mentioning Nigeria, is there something I have missed?
[quote][p][bold]EstuaryView[/bold] wrote: Why is he being called Mr Munyambu in this article? I've looked up his company on Companies House's website and his real name is MR DANIEL MUNYAMBU KAMAU (presumably MRS MARY KAMAU, another director of his company is spouse). According to Companies House's website Mr Kamau's company was struck off and dissolved after trading for two years without filing any accounts. Now, I have no proof that this is what happened in this case, but it is not unknown for sleazy characters to set up a company and then let it be struck out, leaving people who are owed money by the company high and dry. And I suppose the fact that no accounts were ever filed will make it nigh impossible to establish what really went on. In any event, this does not look good at all. And if he really is using his middle name as though it was his family name, it looks even worse. I hope the Labour party will now suspend him pending a full investigation?[/p][/quote]It says 'dissolved' and not 'in liquidation'. You are right that there are many 'sleazy' businessmen around but is not that easy to dissolve an active company that owes money, for one thing a notice gets posted in the London Gazzette which is picked up online 'alert' companies. Also, Daniel Munyambu has another, active UK company 'Alliences UK Ltd' which is trading and files its accounts each year, on time with Companies House. Although I have no concrete evidence one way or the other, quick check around and nothing sleazy jumped out. Oh, and why do posters keep mentioning Nigeria, is there something I have missed? benfleet101

10:16pm Mon 11 Jun 12

EstuaryView says...

@ benfleet101

The London Gazette is not something someone in Kenya would read on a regular basis, is it?

(I never said Nigeria, you are confusing me with someone else.)

In fact, most people in the UK wouldn't be avid London Gazette readers.

By the way, there's no trace of the company you mention on Companies House, not even after correcting your spelling mistake. What's the registration number?

You say there is nothing sleazy. Well, maybe, and maybe not.

The easiest way to rip off the taxman - and potentially others as well - is to start a company, NOT file any accounts, and let Companies House strike it off and dissolve it - because that's what they do if no accounts are filed. No need for the liquidation process there, it's more or less automatic.

So there is this guy in Kenya who says he is owed £15,800 by a company that has conveniently gone out of existence. Think about it...
@ benfleet101 The London Gazette is not something someone in Kenya would read on a regular basis, is it? (I never said Nigeria, you are confusing me with someone else.) In fact, most people in the UK wouldn't be avid London Gazette readers. By the way, there's no trace of the company you mention on Companies House, not even after correcting your spelling mistake. What's the registration number? You say there is nothing sleazy. Well, maybe, and maybe not. The easiest way to rip off the taxman - and potentially others as well - is to start a company, NOT file any accounts, and let Companies House strike it off and dissolve it - because that's what they do if no accounts are filed. No need for the liquidation process there, it's more or less automatic. So there is this guy in Kenya who says he is owed £15,800 by a company that has conveniently gone out of existence. Think about it... EstuaryView

10:23pm Mon 11 Jun 12

Seasider90 says...

The fact he's a Labour councillor - well isn't that a surprise. Sir have some courage and go back to your home country and counter these allegations as an honourable politician/MAN would do. The Labour party wouldn't let one of its own be jailed. I would though like to know how anyone and everyone from the world can come and settle here putting extra strain on housing, schooling and healthcare. But then again millions of EU citizens suffering economic hardship will soon be welcome when they mass into every town and city. God bless the EU. Cant wait until we have a Euro language and a Euro President. Just don't dare to be English in England any more.
The fact he's a Labour councillor - well isn't that a surprise. Sir have some courage and go back to your home country and counter these allegations as an honourable politician/MAN would do. The Labour party wouldn't let one of its own be jailed. I would though like to know how anyone and everyone from the world can come and settle here putting extra strain on housing, schooling and healthcare. But then again millions of EU citizens suffering economic hardship will soon be welcome when they mass into every town and city. God bless the EU. Cant wait until we have a Euro language and a Euro President. Just don't dare to be English in England any more. Seasider90

11:33pm Mon 11 Jun 12

Marcus P says...

God bless Tony Blair for allowing Africans to immigrate to the UK en masse. Forget about the fact that at least 30% of them live on welfare. Where would we be without these people and the fine moral example they show us unworthy white English?
God bless Tony Blair for allowing Africans to immigrate to the UK en masse. Forget about the fact that at least 30% of them live on welfare. Where would we be without these people and the fine moral example they show us unworthy white English? Marcus P

12:22am Tue 12 Jun 12

emcee says...

Something tells me these comments will get pulled anytime now. Get your comment in quick :o) while you can.
Something tells me these comments will get pulled anytime now. Get your comment in quick :o) while you can. emcee

11:31am Tue 12 Jun 12

The Soldier in White says...

This man must be guilty for his skin is not milky and his eyes are too far apart.

Just some food for thought ;-)
This man must be guilty for his skin is not milky and his eyes are too far apart. Just some food for thought ;-) The Soldier in White

12:39pm Tue 12 Jun 12

CALL ME CLINT says...

E-Types wrote:
He has obviously found a home amidst his own type in among the Basildon council and councillors LOL.
Hmmm. "His own type", eh? This from the King of Paveestan, upholder of all things righteous and scourge of the racist abusers (as defined by the Clown Court Judge). Hypocrisy, pure and simple. I take it that it is OK now to describe the Dale Farm miscreants as a bunch of Pikeys without giving offence? No need any more to mince your words, Mincer.
[quote][p][bold]E-Types[/bold] wrote: He has obviously found a home amidst his own type in among the Basildon council and councillors LOL.[/p][/quote]Hmmm. "His own type", eh? This from the King of Paveestan, upholder of all things righteous and scourge of the racist abusers (as defined by the Clown Court Judge). Hypocrisy, pure and simple. I take it that it is OK now to describe the Dale Farm miscreants as a bunch of Pikeys without giving offence? No need any more to mince your words, Mincer. CALL ME CLINT

12:55pm Tue 12 Jun 12

Alekhine says...

CALL ME CLINT wrote:
E-Types wrote: He has obviously found a home amidst his own type in among the Basildon council and councillors LOL.
Hmmm. "His own type", eh? This from the King of Paveestan, upholder of all things righteous and scourge of the racist abusers (as defined by the Clown Court Judge). Hypocrisy, pure and simple. I take it that it is OK now to describe the Dale Farm miscreants as a bunch of Pikeys without giving offence? No need any more to mince your words, Mincer.
Hahaha - yes, unlike the DF lot he does not need to run to the European courts to get a definition of his race.
[quote][p][bold]CALL ME CLINT[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]E-Types[/bold] wrote: He has obviously found a home amidst his own type in among the Basildon council and councillors LOL.[/p][/quote]Hmmm. "His own type", eh? This from the King of Paveestan, upholder of all things righteous and scourge of the racist abusers (as defined by the Clown Court Judge). Hypocrisy, pure and simple. I take it that it is OK now to describe the Dale Farm miscreants as a bunch of Pikeys without giving offence? No need any more to mince your words, Mincer.[/p][/quote]Hahaha - yes, unlike the DF lot he does not need to run to the European courts to get a definition of his race. Alekhine

2:10pm Tue 12 Jun 12

PropertyLadderKenya says...

This English people should know that some people have dual nationalities! Am British & Kenyan! So is he I presume.
This English people should know that some people have dual nationalities! Am British & Kenyan! So is he I presume. PropertyLadderKenya

2:22pm Tue 12 Jun 12

benfleet101 says...

EstuaryView wrote:
@ benfleet101

The London Gazette is not something someone in Kenya would read on a regular basis, is it?

(I never said Nigeria, you are confusing me with someone else.)

In fact, most people in the UK wouldn't be avid London Gazette readers.

By the way, there's no trace of the company you mention on Companies House, not even after correcting your spelling mistake. What's the registration number?

You say there is nothing sleazy. Well, maybe, and maybe not.

The easiest way to rip off the taxman - and potentially others as well - is to start a company, NOT file any accounts, and let Companies House strike it off and dissolve it - because that's what they do if no accounts are filed. No need for the liquidation process there, it's more or less automatic.

So there is this guy in Kenya who says he is owed £15,800 by a company that has conveniently gone out of existence. Think about it...
lol! The London Gazette is not a 'newspaper' that most people in the UK would read, you are right! However, it is THE place that anyone in business, or their representatives would refer to as all business notices are posted in it, and yes, it's notices are read around the world where business is concerned. http://www.london-ga
zette.co.uk/

Companies House do not strike companies off for not filing accounts, they FINE them. Even if the company has not traded, it has to file Dormant accounts.

Here is the company details from Companies House you could not find http://wck2.companie
shouse.gov.uk/ab019d
a26cdd007169f3080fb0
cb9c71/compdetails

Also, I did not say you mentioned Nigeria. I referred to 'Posters on here'

A good source of information re Registered Companies, Directors, their accounts and any other companies they are associated with it is http://company-direc
tor-check.co.uk/

Oh, and sorry about the spelling mistake, I'm not perfect. :)
[quote][p][bold]EstuaryView[/bold] wrote: @ benfleet101 The London Gazette is not something someone in Kenya would read on a regular basis, is it? (I never said Nigeria, you are confusing me with someone else.) In fact, most people in the UK wouldn't be avid London Gazette readers. By the way, there's no trace of the company you mention on Companies House, not even after correcting your spelling mistake. What's the registration number? You say there is nothing sleazy. Well, maybe, and maybe not. The easiest way to rip off the taxman - and potentially others as well - is to start a company, NOT file any accounts, and let Companies House strike it off and dissolve it - because that's what they do if no accounts are filed. No need for the liquidation process there, it's more or less automatic. So there is this guy in Kenya who says he is owed £15,800 by a company that has conveniently gone out of existence. Think about it...[/p][/quote]lol! The London Gazette is not a 'newspaper' that most people in the UK would read, you are right! However, it is THE place that anyone in business, or their representatives would refer to as all business notices are posted in it, and yes, it's notices are read around the world where business is concerned. http://www.london-ga zette.co.uk/ Companies House do not strike companies off for not filing accounts, they FINE them. Even if the company has not traded, it has to file Dormant accounts. Here is the company details from Companies House you could not find http://wck2.companie shouse.gov.uk/ab019d a26cdd007169f3080fb0 cb9c71/compdetails Also, I did not say you mentioned Nigeria. I referred to 'Posters on here' A good source of information re Registered Companies, Directors, their accounts and any other companies they are associated with it is http://company-direc tor-check.co.uk/ Oh, and sorry about the spelling mistake, I'm not perfect. :) benfleet101

3:41pm Tue 12 Jun 12

zervos1 says...

If he has been suspended from the labour party pending an Investigation surely he should suspended from Basildon council to.

I find it a joke that he can now turn round a say he will be an independent.
If he has been suspended from the labour party pending an Investigation surely he should suspended from Basildon council to. I find it a joke that he can now turn round a say he will be an independent. zervos1

10:53am Wed 13 Jun 12

Terry2says says...

Marcus P wrote:
God bless Tony Blair for allowing Africans to immigrate to the UK en masse. Forget about the fact that at least 30% of them live on welfare. Where would we be without these people and the fine moral example they show us unworthy white English?
well said
[quote][p][bold]Marcus P[/bold] wrote: God bless Tony Blair for allowing Africans to immigrate to the UK en masse. Forget about the fact that at least 30% of them live on welfare. Where would we be without these people and the fine moral example they show us unworthy white English?[/p][/quote]well said Terry2says

11:01am Wed 13 Jun 12

Bonky Badger says...

bazaarhorse wrote:
Bonky Badger wrote:
Why am I not surprised he's a Labour councillor?
Yeah why ? maybe because Tory's are more honest :) Thanks for brightening my day.
Labour have a long running tradition of promoting people who put the UK last and it would seem the same with this chap who talks about another country as his "home country."
[quote][p][bold]bazaarhorse[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Bonky Badger[/bold] wrote: Why am I not surprised he's a Labour councillor?[/p][/quote]Yeah why ? maybe because Tory's are more honest :) Thanks for brightening my day.[/p][/quote]Labour have a long running tradition of promoting people who put the UK last and it would seem the same with this chap who talks about another country as his "home country." Bonky Badger

11:03am Wed 13 Jun 12

Bonky Badger says...

I also love the fact he has every flag showing on his desk except the Union Jack. Shows what a chancer he is.

Extradite him.
I also love the fact he has every flag showing on his desk except the Union Jack. Shows what a chancer he is. Extradite him. Bonky Badger

11:25am Wed 13 Jun 12

King El says...

Bonky Badger wrote:
I also love the fact he has every flag showing on his desk except the Union Jack. Shows what a chancer he is.

Extradite him.
To be fair, the red/white one could well be the flag of St. George. Just what the Stars & Stripes is doing there is anyone's guess though.
[quote][p][bold]Bonky Badger[/bold] wrote: I also love the fact he has every flag showing on his desk except the Union Jack. Shows what a chancer he is. Extradite him.[/p][/quote]To be fair, the red/white one could well be the flag of St. George. Just what the Stars & Stripes is doing there is anyone's guess though. King El

3:10pm Wed 13 Jun 12

Bonky Badger says...

I wonder what football team he supports? to paraphase Norman Tebbit ;)
I wonder what football team he supports? to paraphase Norman Tebbit ;) Bonky Badger

4:35pm Wed 13 Jun 12

muffindamule says...

Bonky Badger wrote:
I wonder what football team he supports? to paraphase Norman Tebbit ;)
The New York Giants ?
[quote][p][bold]Bonky Badger[/bold] wrote: I wonder what football team he supports? to paraphase Norman Tebbit ;)[/p][/quote]The New York Giants ? muffindamule

10:09am Fri 15 Jun 12

Ricayboy says...

The picture above makes the bloke look like some third world dictator in his office, with the foreign flags and all. Put him in a military uniform and he'd look the part.

It's no surprise that he is a Labour councillor, the party of mass immigration from failed states, which is slowly turning this country into a failed state. In the past successful states would colonise failed states and help them become successful. Today the complete opposite is happening as denizens of failed states are coming in droves to successful states and bringing them down. There's nothing racist in this as it is about culture and societal norms, not about ethnicity. If you are from a country where corruption is a way of life, then you don't usually abandon it as soon as you arrive in Heathrow.

It's amazing that the mainly working class English people of Vange elected a guy who considers Kenya to be 'his' country and who obviously spends a lot of time thinking about Kenya and Kenyan affairs. Many immigrants that I know in London have little loyalty to Britain, let alone England. They use this country to improve their lives, but their hearts and minds are elsewhere.
The picture above makes the bloke look like some third world dictator in his office, with the foreign flags and all. Put him in a military uniform and he'd look the part. It's no surprise that he is a Labour councillor, the party of mass immigration from failed states, which is slowly turning this country into a failed state. In the past successful states would colonise failed states and help them become successful. Today the complete opposite is happening as denizens of failed states are coming in droves to successful states and bringing them down. There's nothing racist in this as it is about culture and societal norms, not about ethnicity. If you are from a country where corruption is a way of life, then you don't usually abandon it as soon as you arrive in Heathrow. It's amazing that the mainly working class English people of Vange elected a guy who considers Kenya to be 'his' country and who obviously spends a lot of time thinking about Kenya and Kenyan affairs. Many immigrants that I know in London have little loyalty to Britain, let alone England. They use this country to improve their lives, but their hearts and minds are elsewhere. Ricayboy

10:14am Fri 15 Jun 12

Ricayboy says...

http://www.youtube.c
om/watch?v=XO7SVDDTX
Ac
http://www.youtube.c
om/watch?v=sOxzI31NM
oY&feature=relmfu
http://www.youtube.c om/watch?v=XO7SVDDTX Ac http://www.youtube.c om/watch?v=sOxzI31NM oY&feature=relmfu Ricayboy

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree