Missing, presumed stolen – pineapple

Missing, presumed stolen – pineapple

Missing, presumed stolen – pineapple

First published in Local News

PLANS are being drawn up to replace a Basildon water feature worth half a million pounds, which is believed to have been stolen.

The “pineapple” water feature, which used to stand outside Trafford House, in Station Way, has not been seen since December 2012.

There are fears the one-off sculpture, handmade by artist William Mitchell, might have been sold for scrap.

It was last known to be stored at the Laindon Centre when developer Colonnade, which once owned both Trafford House and the Laindon Centre, moved the sculpture in 2011 while it made plans to turn Trafford House into housing.

Colonnade reported it missing in December 2012, but Basildon Council has only now admitted it was taken.

Agent Montague Evans wrote to Basildon Council saying: “Unfortunately, as you know, the restoration and retention of the pineapple water feature is not possible due to theft.

“Although regrettable, this provides an opportunity to create a new feature to complement the rebirth of the building.

“In pre-application discussions, planning officers have agreed to this approach.”

Vin Harrop, of Rosslyn Road, Billericay, lobbied Basildon Council to secure the future of the pineapple when councillors gave planning permission to turn Trafford House into flats.

He said: “I don’t think they will spend the amount of time and money to create something as good. This piece is priceless. I have kept in contact with the artist and his wife writes to me every year asking whether it is safe. He will be furious to hear this.

“When speaking to William, he said if he was asked to recreate and install it today it would cost him half a million pounds.

“It was handmade. Each spike had to be hand cut, it is made out of special Swedish metal and it had a mechanism to pump the water. It took him many months to make.

He added: “I don’t believe it’s been stolen, but I need proof. I really hope it hasn’t been sold for scrap.”

The feature used to stand eight to ten feet above ground, but when taken out of the ground, the whole piece was about 20ft long.

A Basildon Council spokesman said: “Although the loss of the feature is regrettable, there’s no action the council could have taken as it was removed prior to the imposition of the planning condition it be restored.

“As it now stands, the authority will be seeking a piece providing suitable impact to the development.”

Comments (34)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

6:43am Mon 28 Apr 14

carnmountyouknowitmakessense says...

Waste of money, paupers should be fixing the roof, not worrying about the garden...
Waste of money, paupers should be fixing the roof, not worrying about the garden... carnmountyouknowitmakessense
  • Score: 4

7:02am Mon 28 Apr 14

gangsta_len says...

i dont know what this place is coming to. Someone steals baby food from a supermarket and its from page news. Half a million quid worth of sculpture goes missing and its 'regrettable!'
i dont know what this place is coming to. Someone steals baby food from a supermarket and its from page news. Half a million quid worth of sculpture goes missing and its 'regrettable!' gangsta_len
  • Score: 23

7:19am Mon 28 Apr 14

sesibollox says...

carnmountyouknowitma
kessense
wrote:
Waste of money, paupers should be fixing the roof, not worrying about the garden...
Build them a jobcentre, something they could use.
[quote][p][bold]carnmountyouknowitma kessense[/bold] wrote: Waste of money, paupers should be fixing the roof, not worrying about the garden...[/p][/quote]Build them a jobcentre, something they could use. sesibollox
  • Score: 5

7:21am Mon 28 Apr 14

DogsMessInLeigh says...

I hope the police will be called in first thing today, it was placed into storage and has now gone, someone was responsible for it, if its been stolen and(most likely) sold for scrap to a local yard that will take anything without checks, someone knows what happened to it, and who was this Council spokesman that claimed it 'was only regrettable'..?
Shameful.
I hope the police will be called in first thing today, it was placed into storage and has now gone, someone was responsible for it, if its been stolen and(most likely) sold for scrap to a local yard that will take anything without checks, someone knows what happened to it, and who was this Council spokesman that claimed it 'was only regrettable'..? Shameful. DogsMessInLeigh
  • Score: 19

7:38am Mon 28 Apr 14

CarnMountification says...

sesibollox wrote:
carnmountyouknowitma

kessense
wrote:
Waste of money, paupers should be fixing the roof, not worrying about the garden...
Build them a jobcentre, something they could use.
Totally agree, what on earth has the likes of Basildon done to deserve such a wonderful fountain ?
[quote][p][bold]sesibollox[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]carnmountyouknowitma kessense[/bold] wrote: Waste of money, paupers should be fixing the roof, not worrying about the garden...[/p][/quote]Build them a jobcentre, something they could use.[/p][/quote]Totally agree, what on earth has the likes of Basildon done to deserve such a wonderful fountain ? CarnMountification
  • Score: 0

8:45am Mon 28 Apr 14

Howard Cháse says...

Are the Council going yo get that tapestry they threw away remade?

Where's The Woodsman disappeared to?
Are the Council going yo get that tapestry they threw away remade? Where's The Woodsman disappeared to? Howard Cháse
  • Score: 9

8:49am Mon 28 Apr 14

black jack ketchum says...

I don't believe for one minute that Basildon council doesn't know where it is, my guess is that they were hoping no one noticed it had gone
I don't believe for one minute that Basildon council doesn't know where it is, my guess is that they were hoping no one noticed it had gone black jack ketchum
  • Score: 15

8:56am Mon 28 Apr 14

Bettycraven says...

It's to big to just go missing, obviously no one at the council respects that this is someone's work, just like the other items that have disappeared. Probably be a different story if the BASILDON sign had vanished!
It's to big to just go missing, obviously no one at the council respects that this is someone's work, just like the other items that have disappeared. Probably be a different story if the BASILDON sign had vanished! Bettycraven
  • Score: 8

9:22am Mon 28 Apr 14

TheWizzard says...

Howard Cháse wrote:
Are the Council going yo get that tapestry they threw away remade?

Where's The Woodsman disappeared to?
isn't this blakeys department? as you say the tapestry disposed of, woodsman vanished and now the fountain. Perhaps they have all been flogged off to his lodge buddies?
[quote][p][bold]Howard Cháse[/bold] wrote: Are the Council going yo get that tapestry they threw away remade? Where's The Woodsman disappeared to?[/p][/quote]isn't this blakeys department? as you say the tapestry disposed of, woodsman vanished and now the fountain. Perhaps they have all been flogged off to his lodge buddies? TheWizzard
  • Score: 6

9:34am Mon 28 Apr 14

LinfordsLunchbox says...

Its in ball's garden with a pork pie stuck on each spike
Its in ball's garden with a pork pie stuck on each spike LinfordsLunchbox
  • Score: 10

9:45am Mon 28 Apr 14

DogsMessInLeigh says...

LinfordsLunchbox wrote:
Its in ball's garden with a pork pie stuck on each spike
with melted chocolate running through it.
[quote][p][bold]LinfordsLunchbox[/bold] wrote: Its in ball's garden with a pork pie stuck on each spike[/p][/quote]with melted chocolate running through it. DogsMessInLeigh
  • Score: 5

9:50am Mon 28 Apr 14

DogsMessInLeigh says...

Just found this on the Visit essex website..in the Basildons Heritage section.

"Outside Fords main office in Basildon is Water Feature by William Mitchell ."


maybe they should change the wording to...was once outside Fords Office but has now been lost somewhere.

for a photo see this, quite spectacular.
http://www.visitesse
x.com/discover/cultu
ral/Basildon_Heritag
e_Trail.aspx
Just found this on the Visit essex website..in the Basildons Heritage section. "Outside Fords main office in Basildon is Water Feature by William Mitchell ." maybe they should change the wording to...was once outside Fords Office but has now been lost somewhere. for a photo see this, quite spectacular. http://www.visitesse x.com/discover/cultu ral/Basildon_Heritag e_Trail.aspx DogsMessInLeigh
  • Score: 4

9:57am Mon 28 Apr 14

Howard Cháse says...

TheWizzard wrote:
Howard Cháse wrote:
Are the Council going yo get that tapestry they threw away remade?

Where's The Woodsman disappeared to?
isn't this blakeys department? as you say the tapestry disposed of, woodsman vanished and now the fountain. Perhaps they have all been flogged off to his lodge buddies?
Don't forget the bronze statue that used to be in the entrance of Brooke House.
[quote][p][bold]TheWizzard[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Howard Cháse[/bold] wrote: Are the Council going yo get that tapestry they threw away remade? Where's The Woodsman disappeared to?[/p][/quote]isn't this blakeys department? as you say the tapestry disposed of, woodsman vanished and now the fountain. Perhaps they have all been flogged off to his lodge buddies?[/p][/quote]Don't forget the bronze statue that used to be in the entrance of Brooke House. Howard Cháse
  • Score: 5

10:19am Mon 28 Apr 14

DogsMessInLeigh says...

Howard Cháse wrote:
TheWizzard wrote:
Howard Cháse wrote:
Are the Council going yo get that tapestry they threw away remade?

Where's The Woodsman disappeared to?
isn't this blakeys department? as you say the tapestry disposed of, woodsman vanished and now the fountain. Perhaps they have all been flogged off to his lodge buddies?
Don't forget the bronze statue that used to be in the entrance of Brooke House.
Just looked at that on the net, so thats also MIA is it..must be worth a packet made from Bronze.
[quote][p][bold]Howard Cháse[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]TheWizzard[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Howard Cháse[/bold] wrote: Are the Council going yo get that tapestry they threw away remade? Where's The Woodsman disappeared to?[/p][/quote]isn't this blakeys department? as you say the tapestry disposed of, woodsman vanished and now the fountain. Perhaps they have all been flogged off to his lodge buddies?[/p][/quote]Don't forget the bronze statue that used to be in the entrance of Brooke House.[/p][/quote]Just looked at that on the net, so thats also MIA is it..must be worth a packet made from Bronze. DogsMessInLeigh
  • Score: 7

12:05pm Mon 28 Apr 14

Nelly99 says...

Have they looked down the back of the sofa? That's where I find things. Or maybe it,s in a cupboard with Southend's millenium clock!
Have they looked down the back of the sofa? That's where I find things. Or maybe it,s in a cupboard with Southend's millenium clock! Nelly99
  • Score: 9

12:17pm Mon 28 Apr 14

Devils Advocate says...

What is surprising here? The council have sold off many acres of public land, without a single care, when they are voted in as caretakers. Why be surprised when a few tons of metal are "Disappeared?"
What is surprising here? The council have sold off many acres of public land, without a single care, when they are voted in as caretakers. Why be surprised when a few tons of metal are "Disappeared?" Devils Advocate
  • Score: 5

1:07pm Mon 28 Apr 14

poortaxpayer says...

This is how it goes.

Item goes into storage. Item is forgotten about. Staff members change. Someone asks what item is - no idea is answer. Who own it someone asks - no idea. Item 'vanishes'. Still nobody asks about item. Staff members change. Years later someone asks what happened to item - no idea people say. Search is made of storage areas - no trace and nobody knows where it has gone.

Perhaps Basildon Council should create an artwork asset register and at least once a year or perhaps every 26 weeks an audit is taken of all artwork so that those entrusted in their safety and security know exactly where the item is located and who is responsible for their safety. If the item is moved then the asset register should reflect where it has gone and who is entrusted to its safety and upkeep.
This is how it goes. Item goes into storage. Item is forgotten about. Staff members change. Someone asks what item is - no idea is answer. Who own it someone asks - no idea. Item 'vanishes'. Still nobody asks about item. Staff members change. Years later someone asks what happened to item - no idea people say. Search is made of storage areas - no trace and nobody knows where it has gone. Perhaps Basildon Council should create an artwork asset register and at least once a year or perhaps every 26 weeks an audit is taken of all artwork so that those entrusted in their safety and security know exactly where the item is located and who is responsible for their safety. If the item is moved then the asset register should reflect where it has gone and who is entrusted to its safety and upkeep. poortaxpayer
  • Score: 13

4:52pm Mon 28 Apr 14

bazza 1 says...

I think it should be replaced by a more fitting piece of sculpture. One that reflects the Basildon of today, and not harp back to the past. Perhaps a sculpture of a pregnant single parent mother, pushing a pram with one hand, whilst holding an I Phone to her ear with the other, and a case of bud light perched on top of the pram canopy. Just a thought.
I think it should be replaced by a more fitting piece of sculpture. One that reflects the Basildon of today, and not harp back to the past. Perhaps a sculpture of a pregnant single parent mother, pushing a pram with one hand, whilst holding an I Phone to her ear with the other, and a case of bud light perched on top of the pram canopy. Just a thought. bazza 1
  • Score: 6

6:27pm Mon 28 Apr 14

Alice in Her Own Land :P says...

Well done to all who have commented on this pineapple! Great posts and have given me a good laugh!
Well done to all who have commented on this pineapple! Great posts and have given me a good laugh! Alice in Her Own Land :P
  • Score: 2

6:46pm Mon 28 Apr 14

Barry Bas says...

bazza 1 wrote:
I think it should be replaced by a more fitting piece of sculpture. One that reflects the Basildon of today, and not harp back to the past. Perhaps a sculpture of a pregnant single parent mother, pushing a pram with one hand, whilst holding an I Phone to her ear with the other, and a case of bud light perched on top of the pram canopy. Just a thought.
What do you think the "Mother and Child" fountain we have in the town square represents. :-)
[quote][p][bold]bazza 1[/bold] wrote: I think it should be replaced by a more fitting piece of sculpture. One that reflects the Basildon of today, and not harp back to the past. Perhaps a sculpture of a pregnant single parent mother, pushing a pram with one hand, whilst holding an I Phone to her ear with the other, and a case of bud light perched on top of the pram canopy. Just a thought.[/p][/quote]What do you think the "Mother and Child" fountain we have in the town square represents. :-) Barry Bas
  • Score: 5

10:14pm Mon 28 Apr 14

benfleet101 says...

Still confused from the last time this was reported.

If I have got it right from the two reports, it was owned by a company called Collanade, who acquired it when they bought Trafford House from Fords. Collanade remove it from outside Trafford House and store it another property they own, The Laindon Centre. Collanade apply for planning permission to convert Trafford House into flats. Basildon Council grant planning permission with a proviso that the sculpture is restored and returned. Whilst in storage in the Laindon Centre, it goes missing.

So,

1. What have Basildon Council actually done wrong here, and
2. Didn't Collanade have it covered by insurance?
Still confused from the last time this was reported. If I have got it right from the two reports, it was owned by a company called Collanade, who acquired it when they bought Trafford House from Fords. Collanade remove it from outside Trafford House and store it another property they own, The Laindon Centre. Collanade apply for planning permission to convert Trafford House into flats. Basildon Council grant planning permission with a proviso that the sculpture is restored and returned. Whilst in storage in the Laindon Centre, it goes missing. So, 1. What have Basildon Council actually done wrong here, and 2. Didn't Collanade have it covered by insurance? benfleet101
  • Score: 4

10:35pm Mon 28 Apr 14

bazza 1 says...

Barry Bas wrote:
bazza 1 wrote:
I think it should be replaced by a more fitting piece of sculpture. One that reflects the Basildon of today, and not harp back to the past. Perhaps a sculpture of a pregnant single parent mother, pushing a pram with one hand, whilst holding an I Phone to her ear with the other, and a case of bud light perched on top of the pram canopy. Just a thought.
What do you think the "Mother and Child" fountain we have in the town square represents. :-)
Sod it. I forgot about that one. Thanks for the heads up mate.
[quote][p][bold]Barry Bas[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]bazza 1[/bold] wrote: I think it should be replaced by a more fitting piece of sculpture. One that reflects the Basildon of today, and not harp back to the past. Perhaps a sculpture of a pregnant single parent mother, pushing a pram with one hand, whilst holding an I Phone to her ear with the other, and a case of bud light perched on top of the pram canopy. Just a thought.[/p][/quote]What do you think the "Mother and Child" fountain we have in the town square represents. :-)[/p][/quote]Sod it. I forgot about that one. Thanks for the heads up mate. bazza 1
  • Score: 3

10:37pm Mon 28 Apr 14

Dogs in Distress says...

black jack ketchum wrote:
I don't believe for one minute that Basildon council doesn't know where it is, my guess is that they were hoping no one noticed it had gone
i suspect it was sold... and why weren't the police involved in 2012? for god's sake.

Basildon Arts Trust .. of which i was once a trustee, had long discussed selling the work held in our town bequeathed by the Stuyvesant foundation. I was, and still am, in disgust of the attitude of the trustees when i was among them, and part of the reason i resigned. I think only one of the said trustees of that time, i would respect as possessing some integrity.

I definitely smell a rat... and hope they can be held accountable ... as is their role as trustees of the art belonging to Basildon. Yes these trustees are personally responsible ... it was pointed out to me when i was among them. Maybe i still have the documents available, it was a long time ago.

So much of Basildon's Art has been mishandled and neglected, by the council, it is a wonder there have not been any waves before now. Ignorance cannot be a valid excuse.
[quote][p][bold]black jack ketchum[/bold] wrote: I don't believe for one minute that Basildon council doesn't know where it is, my guess is that they were hoping no one noticed it had gone[/p][/quote]i suspect it was sold... and why weren't the police involved in 2012? for god's sake. Basildon Arts Trust .. of which i was once a trustee, had long discussed selling the work held in our town bequeathed by the Stuyvesant foundation. I was, and still am, in disgust of the attitude of the trustees when i was among them, and part of the reason i resigned. I think only one of the said trustees of that time, i would respect as possessing some integrity. I definitely smell a rat... and hope they can be held accountable ... as is their role as trustees of the art belonging to Basildon. Yes these trustees are personally responsible ... it was pointed out to me when i was among them. Maybe i still have the documents available, it was a long time ago. So much of Basildon's Art has been mishandled and neglected, by the council, it is a wonder there have not been any waves before now. Ignorance cannot be a valid excuse. Dogs in Distress
  • Score: 4

1:19am Tue 29 Apr 14

ThisYear says...

Perhaps a Traveller has taken it?
Perhaps a Traveller has taken it? ThisYear
  • Score: 4

7:08am Tue 29 Apr 14

sesibollox says...

Never mind the millenium clock, wheres the 50,000 pound bronze, from outside Victoria Station ?
Never mind the millenium clock, wheres the 50,000 pound bronze, from outside Victoria Station ? sesibollox
  • Score: 4

10:24am Tue 29 Apr 14

Howard Cháse says...

ThisYear wrote:
Perhaps a Traveller has taken it?
A Rail Traveller? They would have been spotted lugging it up the stairs to the platform surely....
[quote][p][bold]ThisYear[/bold] wrote: Perhaps a Traveller has taken it?[/p][/quote]A Rail Traveller? They would have been spotted lugging it up the stairs to the platform surely.... Howard Cháse
  • Score: 3

3:35pm Tue 29 Apr 14

mikeydpop says...

If it's been broken up for scrap would that be into rings or chunks?
If it's been broken up for scrap would that be into rings or chunks? mikeydpop
  • Score: 1

10:14pm Tue 29 Apr 14

Kim Gandy says...

DogsMessInLeigh wrote:
LinfordsLunchbox wrote:
Its in ball's garden with a pork pie stuck on each spike
with melted chocolate running through it.
Pork pie and melted chocolate....

remind me never to come to yours for lunch :D :P
[quote][p][bold]DogsMessInLeigh[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]LinfordsLunchbox[/bold] wrote: Its in ball's garden with a pork pie stuck on each spike[/p][/quote]with melted chocolate running through it.[/p][/quote]Pork pie and melted chocolate.... remind me never to come to yours for lunch :D :P Kim Gandy
  • Score: 0

10:31pm Tue 29 Apr 14

Kim Gandy says...

ThisYear wrote:
Perhaps a Traveller has taken it?
...I was wondering when you'd surface... and I am so glad you have because I am awarding you the Racist Bigot of the Year award on account of the fact that you have once again been the FIRST to mention travellers.

But that's because you're a troll that likes to instigate situations and manipulate people's words so that you can wave the race card furiously in their faces.

Fact is, YOU are the biggest racist bigot around here. I on the other had, never use the sort of racist terminology I often see on this website, including your comments.

And if this was an attempt at irony it fell flat on its face. You should leave it to people like me who are good at it and can outwit you any day of the week.

Thanks for giving me the chance though. My pleasure.

And of course we all know the travellers are a shining example of sainted morality and are utterly public spirited. They never ever put a foot wrong do they? Therefore your comment is utterly offensive in the extreme.

That you should drag innocent and outstanding examples of a perfect society into this discussion is beyond the pale.

(And for those of you who don't know me, I am also being ironic. Well, if he can do it, I can - because as I said, I do it so much better than him anyway.)
[quote][p][bold]ThisYear[/bold] wrote: Perhaps a Traveller has taken it?[/p][/quote]...I was wondering when you'd surface... and I am so glad you have because I am awarding you the Racist Bigot of the Year award on account of the fact that you have once again been the FIRST to mention travellers. But that's because you're a troll that likes to instigate situations and manipulate people's words so that you can wave the race card furiously in their faces. Fact is, YOU are the biggest racist bigot around here. I on the other had, never use the sort of racist terminology I often see on this website, including your comments. And if this was an attempt at irony it fell flat on its face. You should leave it to people like me who are good at it and can outwit you any day of the week. Thanks for giving me the chance though. My pleasure. And of course we all know the travellers are a shining example of sainted morality and are utterly public spirited. They never ever put a foot wrong do they? Therefore your comment is utterly offensive in the extreme. That you should drag innocent and outstanding examples of a perfect society into this discussion is beyond the pale. (And for those of you who don't know me, I am also being ironic. Well, if he can do it, I can - because as I said, I do it so much better than him anyway.) Kim Gandy
  • Score: 2

1:00am Wed 30 Apr 14

ThisYear says...

Howard Cháse wrote:
ThisYear wrote:
Perhaps a Traveller has taken it?
A Rail Traveller? They would have been spotted lugging it up the stairs to the platform surely....
Perhaps a time Traveller?
[quote][p][bold]Howard Cháse[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]ThisYear[/bold] wrote: Perhaps a Traveller has taken it?[/p][/quote]A Rail Traveller? They would have been spotted lugging it up the stairs to the platform surely....[/p][/quote]Perhaps a time Traveller? ThisYear
  • Score: -1

1:08am Wed 30 Apr 14

ThisYear says...

Kim Gandy wrote:
ThisYear wrote:
Perhaps a Traveller has taken it?
...I was wondering when you'd surface... and I am so glad you have because I am awarding you the Racist Bigot of the Year award on account of the fact that you have once again been the FIRST to mention travellers.

But that's because you're a troll that likes to instigate situations and manipulate people's words so that you can wave the race card furiously in their faces.

Fact is, YOU are the biggest racist bigot around here. I on the other had, never use the sort of racist terminology I often see on this website, including your comments.

And if this was an attempt at irony it fell flat on its face. You should leave it to people like me who are good at it and can outwit you any day of the week.

Thanks for giving me the chance though. My pleasure.

And of course we all know the travellers are a shining example of sainted morality and are utterly public spirited. They never ever put a foot wrong do they? Therefore your comment is utterly offensive in the extreme.

That you should drag innocent and outstanding examples of a perfect society into this discussion is beyond the pale.

(And for those of you who don't know me, I am also being ironic. Well, if he can do it, I can - because as I said, I do it so much better than him anyway.)
Oh dear...your lack of nous is astounding..

Are you accusing me of being a bigot towards racists? Seems like you are...DER.

You were wondering when i would surface on a thread about a missing 'pineapple'...what other strange and unrelated things do you wonder about?

"You should leave it to people like me who are good at it and can outwit you any day of the week."

And

" (And for those of you who don't know me, I am also being ironic. Well, if he can do it, I can - because as I said, I do it so much better than him anyway.) "

Dear lord..your stupidity is almost an art statement in itself.
[quote][p][bold]Kim Gandy[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]ThisYear[/bold] wrote: Perhaps a Traveller has taken it?[/p][/quote]...I was wondering when you'd surface... and I am so glad you have because I am awarding you the Racist Bigot of the Year award on account of the fact that you have once again been the FIRST to mention travellers. But that's because you're a troll that likes to instigate situations and manipulate people's words so that you can wave the race card furiously in their faces. Fact is, YOU are the biggest racist bigot around here. I on the other had, never use the sort of racist terminology I often see on this website, including your comments. And if this was an attempt at irony it fell flat on its face. You should leave it to people like me who are good at it and can outwit you any day of the week. Thanks for giving me the chance though. My pleasure. And of course we all know the travellers are a shining example of sainted morality and are utterly public spirited. They never ever put a foot wrong do they? Therefore your comment is utterly offensive in the extreme. That you should drag innocent and outstanding examples of a perfect society into this discussion is beyond the pale. (And for those of you who don't know me, I am also being ironic. Well, if he can do it, I can - because as I said, I do it so much better than him anyway.)[/p][/quote]Oh dear...your lack of nous is astounding.. Are you accusing me of being a bigot towards racists? Seems like you are...DER. You were wondering when i would surface on a thread about a missing 'pineapple'...what other strange and unrelated things do you wonder about? "You should leave it to people like me who are good at it and can outwit you any day of the week." And " (And for those of you who don't know me, I am also being ironic. Well, if he can do it, I can - because as I said, I do it so much better than him anyway.) " Dear lord..your stupidity is almost an art statement in itself. ThisYear
  • Score: -3

7:20pm Wed 30 Apr 14

Abington86 says...

Yes,where has the Woodsman statue gone to?
Yes,where has the Woodsman statue gone to? Abington86
  • Score: 0

9:18am Thu 1 May 14

TheWizzard says...

All this art disappearing whilst blakey is in charge, i would suggest getting the police involved but he works at the station. Maybe its in the lost and found bit. The woodsman i heard was over at langdon hills being restored. Think Thurrock council now have it under their wing
All this art disappearing whilst blakey is in charge, i would suggest getting the police involved but he works at the station. Maybe its in the lost and found bit. The woodsman i heard was over at langdon hills being restored. Think Thurrock council now have it under their wing TheWizzard
  • Score: 0

11:58am Fri 2 May 14

wonga says...

Vin was taking personal care of this.. and now stands there shrugging his shoulders..? Are you just following this up now Vin?
Typical.. and typical of him and his crones ie results of Woodsman.. which they also insisted that they were the only ones capable of handling the situation with the council.. and seemingly totally ballsed it up!

The council being the constant in the whole losing/destroying art scenario in Basildon. Makes you wonder what will be left of public art under the likes of Ball/Blake.. it's certainly an on going situation.

Have the Police been notified of this 'theft'? If not.. Why not?
Vin was taking personal care of this.. and now stands there shrugging his shoulders..? Are you just following this up now Vin? Typical.. and typical of him and his crones ie results of Woodsman.. which they also insisted that they were the only ones capable of handling the situation with the council.. and seemingly totally ballsed it up! The council being the constant in the whole losing/destroying art scenario in Basildon. Makes you wonder what will be left of public art under the likes of Ball/Blake.. it's certainly an on going situation. Have the Police been notified of this 'theft'? If not.. Why not? wonga
  • Score: 1

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree