Crash outside Southend Victoria station

Crash outside Southend Victoria station

Crash outside Southend Victoria station

First published in Local News
Last updated
by , Senior reporter

A BUS and a car crashed outside Southend Victoria station.

Emergency services were called to the scene of the collision which took place just after 6pm today.

Paramedics arrived at the scene, shortly after the collision on the shared space area outside the front of the station.

The crash involved an Arriva bus and a Ford Finesse car.

No details of any injuries are currently available.

Comments (17)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

6:34pm Thu 5 Jun 14

Keptquiettillnow says...

Another bus.
Another bus. Keptquiettillnow
  • Score: -1

6:39pm Thu 5 Jun 14

CarnMountification says...

They must learn to share, separately though, not together....
They must learn to share, separately though, not together.... CarnMountification
  • Score: 12

7:11pm Thu 5 Jun 14

jaxadele says...

I was on this bus and it was not the bus drivers fault. The car pulled into the bus lane and from nowhere! No one was hurt though.
I was on this bus and it was not the bus drivers fault. The car pulled into the bus lane and from nowhere! No one was hurt though. jaxadele
  • Score: 17

7:13pm Thu 5 Jun 14

sesibollox says...

jaxadele wrote:
I was on this bus and it was not the bus drivers fault. The car pulled into the bus lane and from nowhere! No one was hurt though.
Probably some bird on the phone....
[quote][p][bold]jaxadele[/bold] wrote: I was on this bus and it was not the bus drivers fault. The car pulled into the bus lane and from nowhere! No one was hurt though.[/p][/quote]Probably some bird on the phone.... sesibollox
  • Score: -10

7:30pm Thu 5 Jun 14

Popsiepop says...

One of the worst ideas Southend council had was to make this concrete jungle!! Hope all involved in both vehicles are okay.
One of the worst ideas Southend council had was to make this concrete jungle!! Hope all involved in both vehicles are okay. Popsiepop
  • Score: 39

8:15pm Thu 5 Jun 14

Southend Council Cabinet = Dictatorship says...

Popsiepop wrote:
One of the worst ideas Southend council had was to make this concrete jungle!! Hope all involved in both vehicles are okay.
Apparently tons of concrete, including concrete balls and a death trap of a shared space qualifies for good town planning...
[quote][p][bold]Popsiepop[/bold] wrote: One of the worst ideas Southend council had was to make this concrete jungle!! Hope all involved in both vehicles are okay.[/p][/quote]Apparently tons of concrete, including concrete balls and a death trap of a shared space qualifies for good town planning... Southend Council Cabinet = Dictatorship
  • Score: 26

8:57pm Thu 5 Jun 14

jolllyboy says...

Shared space what else can you say other than it doesnt work and it wont be the last.
Shared space what else can you say other than it doesnt work and it wont be the last. jolllyboy
  • Score: 36

9:21pm Thu 5 Jun 14

Nebs says...

The bus and the car were only doing what they were told to do, share the same space. Unfortunately the laws of physics prevent this.
The bus and the car were only doing what they were told to do, share the same space. Unfortunately the laws of physics prevent this. Nebs
  • Score: 42

10:12pm Thu 5 Jun 14

woolstone says...

Well said Nebs. Now that's commonsense.
Well said Nebs. Now that's commonsense. woolstone
  • Score: 12

10:45pm Thu 5 Jun 14

rob-wos says...

I bet I know what happened here.

The car was trying to cut the lights by going through the Bus lane section so they can gain access to the Queensway or Southcurch Road.

I know this because I have seen cars do it.

Personally I don't blame the bus driver as the other car should not have been there.
I bet I know what happened here. The car was trying to cut the lights by going through the Bus lane section so they can gain access to the Queensway or Southcurch Road. I know this because I have seen cars do it. Personally I don't blame the bus driver as the other car should not have been there. rob-wos
  • Score: 38

10:54pm Thu 5 Jun 14

Joe Clark says...

Shared space works its the stupid car drivers like this one who can't, if you can't use shared space you should not be out in public. Works fine right across Europe its just small brained stupids who can't.
Shared space works its the stupid car drivers like this one who can't, if you can't use shared space you should not be out in public. Works fine right across Europe its just small brained stupids who can't. Joe Clark
  • Score: 5

11:57pm Thu 5 Jun 14

Danker1990 says...

rob-wos wrote:
I bet I know what happened here.

The car was trying to cut the lights by going through the Bus lane section so they can gain access to the Queensway or Southcurch Road.

I know this because I have seen cars do it.

Personally I don't blame the bus driver as the other car should not have been there.
I have seen this myself on countless times and I think it's time the police does something about this. I nearly got run over once when a car used this very method and instead of turning right into town when those set of lights were green instead went ahead and turned left into the Royal Mail road (don't know it's name) when the crossing lights were green and car light was red
[quote][p][bold]rob-wos[/bold] wrote: I bet I know what happened here. The car was trying to cut the lights by going through the Bus lane section so they can gain access to the Queensway or Southcurch Road. I know this because I have seen cars do it. Personally I don't blame the bus driver as the other car should not have been there.[/p][/quote]I have seen this myself on countless times and I think it's time the police does something about this. I nearly got run over once when a car used this very method and instead of turning right into town when those set of lights were green instead went ahead and turned left into the Royal Mail road (don't know it's name) when the crossing lights were green and car light was red Danker1990
  • Score: 10

10:39am Fri 6 Jun 14

stuartpb says...

I use this junction daily to pick up my wife from the station. Dangerous junction, stupid design..... Thanks Southend Council!
I use this junction daily to pick up my wife from the station. Dangerous junction, stupid design..... Thanks Southend Council! stuartpb
  • Score: 10

7:07pm Fri 6 Jun 14

roger moore says...

they should ban cars from the area outside Victoria Station as they are a menace to buses and pedestrians. hope everyone involved is ok.
they should ban cars from the area outside Victoria Station as they are a menace to buses and pedestrians. hope everyone involved is ok. roger moore
  • Score: 0

4:18pm Thu 26 Jun 14

julee999 says...

Danker1990 wrote:
rob-wos wrote:
I bet I know what happened here.

The car was trying to cut the lights by going through the Bus lane section so they can gain access to the Queensway or Southcurch Road.

I know this because I have seen cars do it.

Personally I don't blame the bus driver as the other car should not have been there.
I have seen this myself on countless times and I think it's time the police does something about this. I nearly got run over once when a car used this very method and instead of turning right into town when those set of lights were green instead went ahead and turned left into the Royal Mail road (don't know it's name) when the crossing lights were green and car light was red
Actually the car driver was picking someone up from the train station and the ONLY way to leave is via the route she took - she was NOT on the phone or doing anything else for that matter, other than driving the car!
[quote][p][bold]Danker1990[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]rob-wos[/bold] wrote: I bet I know what happened here. The car was trying to cut the lights by going through the Bus lane section so they can gain access to the Queensway or Southcurch Road. I know this because I have seen cars do it. Personally I don't blame the bus driver as the other car should not have been there.[/p][/quote]I have seen this myself on countless times and I think it's time the police does something about this. I nearly got run over once when a car used this very method and instead of turning right into town when those set of lights were green instead went ahead and turned left into the Royal Mail road (don't know it's name) when the crossing lights were green and car light was red[/p][/quote]Actually the car driver was picking someone up from the train station and the ONLY way to leave is via the route she took - she was NOT on the phone or doing anything else for that matter, other than driving the car! julee999
  • Score: 2

4:22pm Thu 26 Jun 14

julee999 says...

Actually the driver of the car was picking up someone from the train station and the ONLY way out of the car park is via the route she took - she was NOT on her phone (as she is deaf) nor was she doing anything she shouldn't have been doing other ant driving her car!

This is the 4th accident at this location as reported by the police who were going to speak with the council regarding the exit, to try and get someone to change the system to a better one - there is NO give way on this road, the buses DO NOT have right of way!
Actually the driver of the car was picking up someone from the train station and the ONLY way out of the car park is via the route she took - she was NOT on her phone (as she is deaf) nor was she doing anything she shouldn't have been doing other ant driving her car! This is the 4th accident at this location as reported by the police who were going to speak with the council regarding the exit, to try and get someone to change the system to a better one - there is NO give way on this road, the buses DO NOT have right of way! julee999
  • Score: 4

4:24pm Thu 26 Jun 14

julee999 says...

rob-wos wrote:
I bet I know what happened here.

The car was trying to cut the lights by going through the Bus lane section so they can gain access to the Queensway or Southcurch Road.

I know this because I have seen cars do it.

Personally I don't blame the bus driver as the other car should not have been there.
You shouldn't guess what happen you should either find out the TRUTH or not comment at all - IF you've got nothing nice to say then DO NOT say anythign at all without the FULL facts!
[quote][p][bold]rob-wos[/bold] wrote: I bet I know what happened here. The car was trying to cut the lights by going through the Bus lane section so they can gain access to the Queensway or Southcurch Road. I know this because I have seen cars do it. Personally I don't blame the bus driver as the other car should not have been there.[/p][/quote]You shouldn't guess what happen you should either find out the TRUTH or not comment at all - IF you've got nothing nice to say then DO NOT say anythign at all without the FULL facts! julee999
  • Score: 4

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree