Dishwasher starts house fire in Rayleigh

First published in News

FIREFIGHTERS were called to a house blaze in Rayleigh after a dishwasher set alight.

The ten year-old machine had been left on a timer in the utility room of the home in Knivet Close whilst the family slept upstairs.

Fortunately the smoke detector raised the alarm and when crews from Rayleigh Weir arrived at the scene at 3.25am they found the home-owners safely waiting outside.

Firefighters used one hose reel and breathing apparatus to tackle the flames, and cleared the smoke-logged property with a high pressure fan.

The incident was dealt with just after 4.10am.

Comments (0)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree