Southend needs new shopping district, say planners

Echo: The planned retail park at Fossetts Farm The planned retail park at Fossetts Farm

SOUTHEND desperately needs a new shopping district, according to planners behind the Blues’ maligned Fossetts Farm project.

Experts at Savills, which has been hired by Southend United to fight its corner over the controversial scheme, claim the town centre is currently “over trading”.

The club’s plans to build a new out-of-town retail park at Fossetts, alongside a 22,000-seater stadium, have been cast into disarray after councillors demanded to see more evidence that the development would not harm town centre shops.

But, in a report for Southend Council planners, a spokesman for Savills said the case for a new retail park was overwhelming.

He added: “There is a significant and immediate need for additional retail floorspace within Southend.

“In light of the level of expenditure and minimal level of trade diversion from the town centre, it cannot be a credible case that the proposal will have a significant adverse impact (on the town centre).”

The Fossetts plans appeared before the council’s development control committee earlier this month.

The Blues needed approval to renew the planning permission they first secured in 2008, and also asked the authority to scrap an agreed £6million contribution to protect the town centre from the new retail park.

But councillors rejected both requests, deferring a decision until March so more evidence could be produced.

Savills’ claims are based on a trading survey conducted by the council last year, in which it claims Southend’s retailers sell £9,200 worth of goods per square metre every year.

It points out that is much higher than the benchmark level of £6,500 prescribed by the authority.

But GL Hearn, a consultant hired by the council to assess Savills’ conclusions, said there was no evidence of such “over trading” in reality.

A spokesman said: “We would have anticipated that the higher level of trading identified would have been corroborated with on the ground evidence, such as how busy the town centre actually is and demand from new retailers to gain a presence in the town centre.

“The health check of Southend does not indicate any such over trading stress which would, in our view, suggest there is a need to plan to relieve pressure by making new floorspace.”

Comments (24)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

6:22am Fri 4 Jan 13

SARFENDMAN says...

Southend High Street is just about surviving and a pale shadow of it's heydays. In this era of intenet shopping it will be a struggle to keep it above water in a highly competitive market place. Spreading the thin layer of jam with further out of town developments like Fossetts Farm is ludicrous.
Southend High Street is just about surviving and a pale shadow of it's heydays. In this era of intenet shopping it will be a struggle to keep it above water in a highly competitive market place. Spreading the thin layer of jam with further out of town developments like Fossetts Farm is ludicrous. SARFENDMAN
  • Score: 0

8:29am Fri 4 Jan 13

ayoungie1 says...

There are many empty shops on the High Street so how can there be over trading¿?
Victoria Circus is empty......
There are many empty shops on the High Street so how can there be over trading¿? Victoria Circus is empty...... ayoungie1
  • Score: 0

8:32am Fri 4 Jan 13

Sensible Man says...

What an absolute load of nonsense talked by these "planners". Have they had a look around Victoria Plaza lately? Enough spare capacity there for loads of shops. Why on earth is there any need for more out-of-town eyesores?
What an absolute load of nonsense talked by these "planners". Have they had a look around Victoria Plaza lately? Enough spare capacity there for loads of shops. Why on earth is there any need for more out-of-town eyesores? Sensible Man
  • Score: 0

8:39am Fri 4 Jan 13

fletch12107 says...

So Southend United hire " experts" at Savills and then the Council hire GL Hearns to assess Savills conclusions and say they are wrong. Either Savills are not experts or GL Hearns are wrong so would you trust? I would trust my eyes and see lots of empty shops in Southend High Street and don't see any of the big companies beating a path to set up here.
So Southend United hire " experts" at Savills and then the Council hire GL Hearns to assess Savills conclusions and say they are wrong. Either Savills are not experts or GL Hearns are wrong so would you trust? I would trust my eyes and see lots of empty shops in Southend High Street and don't see any of the big companies beating a path to set up here. fletch12107
  • Score: 0

9:29am Fri 4 Jan 13

Carnabackable says...

Trying to drum up business with so many empty shop premises about, oh well, hopefully one day, a lot of these retail parks will be returned to just parks, grass, lakes and trees, as we do all our shopping from the home computer......
Trying to drum up business with so many empty shop premises about, oh well, hopefully one day, a lot of these retail parks will be returned to just parks, grass, lakes and trees, as we do all our shopping from the home computer...... Carnabackable
  • Score: 0

11:59am Fri 4 Jan 13

sosad 1 says...

vi c plaza check the rent and rates no way, high st check the car parking rates its sbc golden cash cow it keeps the councilers snouts in the trough
vi c plaza check the rent and rates no way, high st check the car parking rates its sbc golden cash cow it keeps the councilers snouts in the trough sosad 1
  • Score: 0

12:01pm Fri 4 Jan 13

mys842 says...

I disagree. The type of shops attracted to retail parks are entirely different to those on the high street. Look around at other parks, the airport one, the numerous Thurrock ones and even the existing shops around Fossets way. They are never empty, people are always in those shops yet they're not detracting from High Street trade. I for one would be very happy to bring more shops towards the Thorpe Bay/Shoebury/Southch
urch/Wakering area.
I disagree. The type of shops attracted to retail parks are entirely different to those on the high street. Look around at other parks, the airport one, the numerous Thurrock ones and even the existing shops around Fossets way. They are never empty, people are always in those shops yet they're not detracting from High Street trade. I for one would be very happy to bring more shops towards the Thorpe Bay/Shoebury/Southch urch/Wakering area. mys842
  • Score: 0

12:16pm Fri 4 Jan 13

marshman says...

So the council get consultants in to compile a report that says the High Street is 'over-trading'.

Then they get consultants in to compile a report that says there's no evidence of that 'on the ground'.

I think they should get consultants in to compile a report that tells them consultant's report aren't worth the paper they're written on.
So the council get consultants in to compile a report that says the High Street is 'over-trading'. Then they get consultants in to compile a report that says there's no evidence of that 'on the ground'. I think they should get consultants in to compile a report that tells them consultant's report aren't worth the paper they're written on. marshman
  • Score: 0

12:24pm Fri 4 Jan 13

Carnabackable says...

sosad 1 wrote:
vi c plaza check the rent and rates no way, high st check the car parking rates its sbc golden cash cow it keeps the councilers snouts in the trough
Ah the sky high rates, the high cost of parking - YEAH LETS RUSH TO SOUTHEND, loads of bargains, loads of choice, wow
[quote][p][bold]sosad 1[/bold] wrote: vi c plaza check the rent and rates no way, high st check the car parking rates its sbc golden cash cow it keeps the councilers snouts in the trough[/p][/quote]Ah the sky high rates, the high cost of parking - YEAH LETS RUSH TO SOUTHEND, loads of bargains, loads of choice, wow Carnabackable
  • Score: 0

12:47pm Fri 4 Jan 13

Tom from Southend says...

Are these people completely mad ! Southend town centre has empty shops. Why create a new shopping spaces?. Southend is also served by 2 railway lines and is accessible to many. Idiots
Are these people completely mad ! Southend town centre has empty shops. Why create a new shopping spaces?. Southend is also served by 2 railway lines and is accessible to many. Idiots Tom from Southend
  • Score: 0

2:17pm Fri 4 Jan 13

sjreynolds143 says...

mys842 wrote:
I disagree. The type of shops attracted to retail parks are entirely different to those on the high street. Look around at other parks, the airport one, the numerous Thurrock ones and even the existing shops around Fossets way. They are never empty, people are always in those shops yet they're not detracting from High Street trade. I for one would be very happy to bring more shops towards the Thorpe Bay/Shoebury/Southch

urch/Wakering area.
Ah yes.

Airport Trading Estate - PC World, closed.
Fossets - Comet, closed.

The airport estate is only busy because it has Macdonalds. And when did you ever see the B&Q car park full? Maplin isn't exactly heaving, either.

SBC should stick to their guns. The extra cash could rejuvenate the High Street, if only by making car parking free for a few years!
[quote][p][bold]mys842[/bold] wrote: I disagree. The type of shops attracted to retail parks are entirely different to those on the high street. Look around at other parks, the airport one, the numerous Thurrock ones and even the existing shops around Fossets way. They are never empty, people are always in those shops yet they're not detracting from High Street trade. I for one would be very happy to bring more shops towards the Thorpe Bay/Shoebury/Southch urch/Wakering area.[/p][/quote]Ah yes. Airport Trading Estate - PC World, closed. Fossets - Comet, closed. The airport estate is only busy because it has Macdonalds. And when did you ever see the B&Q car park full? Maplin isn't exactly heaving, either. SBC should stick to their guns. The extra cash could rejuvenate the High Street, if only by making car parking free for a few years! sjreynolds143
  • Score: 0

3:20pm Fri 4 Jan 13

emcee says...

The type of businesses that normally rent premises in out of town shopping centres are the type who find it difficult to find the right size premises at the right price in the town centres.
The rents and rates in the centre of Southend (inc. Vic Shopping Centre) are extreme to the point of extrotionate. Very few businesses, especially small, independent businesses, would even consider the High St or the town centre shopping centres, especially when other factors are taken into consideration like the high parking costs and high public transport costs for their customers. And here lies the propblem.
Out of town shopping centres are fine and will rarely impact on the town centres if the town centres were opened up to the independent trader with low rents, rates and cheap fares and parking to attract the customers. This will leave the larger, chain stores to use the out of town retail parks and, thus, a happy balance is created.
There is no way on this earth that a new retail park will damage the town centre as it is. The council need to take their blinkers off and realise that the thing killing the town centre are the high rents, rates, parking and public transport costs, not out of town retail parks.
The type of businesses that normally rent premises in out of town shopping centres are the type who find it difficult to find the right size premises at the right price in the town centres. The rents and rates in the centre of Southend (inc. Vic Shopping Centre) are extreme to the point of extrotionate. Very few businesses, especially small, independent businesses, would even consider the High St or the town centre shopping centres, especially when other factors are taken into consideration like the high parking costs and high public transport costs for their customers. And here lies the propblem. Out of town shopping centres are fine and will rarely impact on the town centres if the town centres were opened up to the independent trader with low rents, rates and cheap fares and parking to attract the customers. This will leave the larger, chain stores to use the out of town retail parks and, thus, a happy balance is created. There is no way on this earth that a new retail park will damage the town centre as it is. The council need to take their blinkers off and realise that the thing killing the town centre are the high rents, rates, parking and public transport costs, not out of town retail parks. emcee
  • Score: 0

3:52pm Fri 4 Jan 13

Yachtsman says...

marshman wrote:
So the council get consultants in to compile a report that says the High Street is 'over-trading'. Then they get consultants in to compile a report that says there's no evidence of that 'on the ground'. I think they should get consultants in to compile a report that tells them consultant's report aren't worth the paper they're written on.
Saville = High Street "Over Trading" commissioned by SUFC therefore interested party to new stadium
Hearn = High Street "Nott Overtrading" commisioned by SBC.
Savilles stated at 1st Application that Sutton Road is a local rural lane that would not be affected by the increase in traffic - well I know which report I will beleive and it would not be Savilles
[quote][p][bold]marshman[/bold] wrote: So the council get consultants in to compile a report that says the High Street is 'over-trading'. Then they get consultants in to compile a report that says there's no evidence of that 'on the ground'. I think they should get consultants in to compile a report that tells them consultant's report aren't worth the paper they're written on.[/p][/quote]Saville = High Street "Over Trading" commissioned by SUFC therefore interested party to new stadium Hearn = High Street "Nott Overtrading" commisioned by SBC. Savilles stated at 1st Application that Sutton Road is a local rural lane that would not be affected by the increase in traffic - well I know which report I will beleive and it would not be Savilles Yachtsman
  • Score: 0

4:50pm Fri 4 Jan 13

Letmetryagain says...

Planners have only one aim.

Making money for themselves.
Planners have only one aim. Making money for themselves. Letmetryagain
  • Score: 0

4:55pm Fri 4 Jan 13

mys842 says...

sjreynolds143 wrote:
mys842 wrote: I disagree. The type of shops attracted to retail parks are entirely different to those on the high street. Look around at other parks, the airport one, the numerous Thurrock ones and even the existing shops around Fossets way. They are never empty, people are always in those shops yet they're not detracting from High Street trade. I for one would be very happy to bring more shops towards the Thorpe Bay/Shoebury/Southch urch/Wakering area.
Ah yes. Airport Trading Estate - PC World, closed. Fossets - Comet, closed. The airport estate is only busy because it has Macdonalds. And when did you ever see the B&Q car park full? Maplin isn't exactly heaving, either. SBC should stick to their guns. The extra cash could rejuvenate the High Street, if only by making car parking free for a few years!
B and Q is usually packed at the weekends. On a bank holiday it's a no go zone.

Absolute rubbish about there being a McDonalds there. People go there as I do because either, they need an alternative to the town centre Argos, the need Staples or one of the discount shops. It has free parking unlike town centres and is therefore highly attractive. PC world has been almagated to the London Road retail park - not a town centre location. In fact the town centre one closed.

Comet closed as did almost every other comet store in the country - this is nothing to do with Southend.

The extra caseh won't be spent on Southend High Street and we all know it. It's like SBC council have given up on the High Street. If they hadn't they'd knock down some of the eyesore buildings, reduce parking charges for non-seafront car parks, attract businesses to The Victoria, etc etc etc
[quote][p][bold]sjreynolds143[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]mys842[/bold] wrote: I disagree. The type of shops attracted to retail parks are entirely different to those on the high street. Look around at other parks, the airport one, the numerous Thurrock ones and even the existing shops around Fossets way. They are never empty, people are always in those shops yet they're not detracting from High Street trade. I for one would be very happy to bring more shops towards the Thorpe Bay/Shoebury/Southch urch/Wakering area.[/p][/quote]Ah yes. Airport Trading Estate - PC World, closed. Fossets - Comet, closed. The airport estate is only busy because it has Macdonalds. And when did you ever see the B&Q car park full? Maplin isn't exactly heaving, either. SBC should stick to their guns. The extra cash could rejuvenate the High Street, if only by making car parking free for a few years![/p][/quote]B and Q is usually packed at the weekends. On a bank holiday it's a no go zone. Absolute rubbish about there being a McDonalds there. People go there as I do because either, they need an alternative to the town centre Argos, the need Staples or one of the discount shops. It has free parking unlike town centres and is therefore highly attractive. PC world has been almagated to the London Road retail park - not a town centre location. In fact the town centre one closed. Comet closed as did almost every other comet store in the country - this is nothing to do with Southend. The extra caseh won't be spent on Southend High Street and we all know it. It's like SBC council have given up on the High Street. If they hadn't they'd knock down some of the eyesore buildings, reduce parking charges for non-seafront car parks, attract businesses to The Victoria, etc etc etc mys842
  • Score: 0

6:47pm Fri 4 Jan 13

Max Impact says...

mys842 wrote:
sjreynolds143 wrote:
mys842 wrote: I disagree. The type of shops attracted to retail parks are entirely different to those on the high street. Look around at other parks, the airport one, the numerous Thurrock ones and even the existing shops around Fossets way. They are never empty, people are always in those shops yet they're not detracting from High Street trade. I for one would be very happy to bring more shops towards the Thorpe Bay/Shoebury/Southch urch/Wakering area.
Ah yes. Airport Trading Estate - PC World, closed. Fossets - Comet, closed. The airport estate is only busy because it has Macdonalds. And when did you ever see the B&Q car park full? Maplin isn't exactly heaving, either. SBC should stick to their guns. The extra cash could rejuvenate the High Street, if only by making car parking free for a few years!
B and Q is usually packed at the weekends. On a bank holiday it's a no go zone.

Absolute rubbish about there being a McDonalds there. People go there as I do because either, they need an alternative to the town centre Argos, the need Staples or one of the discount shops. It has free parking unlike town centres and is therefore highly attractive. PC world has been almagated to the London Road retail park - not a town centre location. In fact the town centre one closed.

Comet closed as did almost every other comet store in the country - this is nothing to do with Southend.

The extra caseh won't be spent on Southend High Street and we all know it. It's like SBC council have given up on the High Street. If they hadn't they'd knock down some of the eyesore buildings, reduce parking charges for non-seafront car parks, attract businesses to The Victoria, etc etc etc
You beat me to it about PCWorld/Currys becoming one

and Comet going bust nationwide.

Some fools on here blamed Southend for the demise (on the High Street) of

TJ Hughes, Woolworths & Hawkins Bazaar

I kid you not!
[quote][p][bold]mys842[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]sjreynolds143[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]mys842[/bold] wrote: I disagree. The type of shops attracted to retail parks are entirely different to those on the high street. Look around at other parks, the airport one, the numerous Thurrock ones and even the existing shops around Fossets way. They are never empty, people are always in those shops yet they're not detracting from High Street trade. I for one would be very happy to bring more shops towards the Thorpe Bay/Shoebury/Southch urch/Wakering area.[/p][/quote]Ah yes. Airport Trading Estate - PC World, closed. Fossets - Comet, closed. The airport estate is only busy because it has Macdonalds. And when did you ever see the B&Q car park full? Maplin isn't exactly heaving, either. SBC should stick to their guns. The extra cash could rejuvenate the High Street, if only by making car parking free for a few years![/p][/quote]B and Q is usually packed at the weekends. On a bank holiday it's a no go zone. Absolute rubbish about there being a McDonalds there. People go there as I do because either, they need an alternative to the town centre Argos, the need Staples or one of the discount shops. It has free parking unlike town centres and is therefore highly attractive. PC world has been almagated to the London Road retail park - not a town centre location. In fact the town centre one closed. Comet closed as did almost every other comet store in the country - this is nothing to do with Southend. The extra caseh won't be spent on Southend High Street and we all know it. It's like SBC council have given up on the High Street. If they hadn't they'd knock down some of the eyesore buildings, reduce parking charges for non-seafront car parks, attract businesses to The Victoria, etc etc etc[/p][/quote]You beat me to it about PCWorld/Currys becoming one and Comet going bust nationwide. Some fools on here blamed Southend for the demise (on the High Street) of TJ Hughes, Woolworths & Hawkins Bazaar I kid you not! Max Impact
  • Score: 0

7:12pm Fri 4 Jan 13

asbo. just the truth says...

southend needs another shopping district like hadleigh needs another shisha bar
southend needs another shopping district like hadleigh needs another shisha bar asbo. just the truth
  • Score: 0

9:55am Sat 5 Jan 13

gary 51 says...

The council should take their heads out of the sand and take a reality check, for the last twenty or so years the town has gone into decline and is in fact fast becoming a crap hole.
The council should take their heads out of the sand and take a reality check, for the last twenty or so years the town has gone into decline and is in fact fast becoming a crap hole. gary 51
  • Score: 0

5:15pm Sat 5 Jan 13

jolllyboy says...

This council will do anything to get money to pay their bonus'. If enough 'incentive' payments are given I feel the council will change their minds ! It is legalised bribery. Anyone who thinks a Retail Park so far to the end of the town as Fossetts Farm is a good idea (and I am sure all those in shoebury would like it) are living in cloud cuckoo land. it would be easier to go in the other direction out of town. As for the Airport Retail park is is always very busy but I expect there is a hidden agenda there as well.......think about it.
This council will do anything to get money to pay their bonus'. If enough 'incentive' payments are given I feel the council will change their minds ! It is legalised bribery. Anyone who thinks a Retail Park so far to the end of the town as Fossetts Farm is a good idea (and I am sure all those in shoebury would like it) are living in cloud cuckoo land. it would be easier to go in the other direction out of town. As for the Airport Retail park is is always very busy but I expect there is a hidden agenda there as well.......think about it. jolllyboy
  • Score: 0

7:16pm Sat 5 Jan 13

Max Impact says...

jolllyboy wrote:
This council will do anything to get money to pay their bonus'. If enough 'incentive' payments are given I feel the council will change their minds ! It is legalised bribery. Anyone who thinks a Retail Park so far to the end of the town as Fossetts Farm is a good idea (and I am sure all those in shoebury would like it) are living in cloud cuckoo land. it would be easier to go in the other direction out of town. As for the Airport Retail park is is always very busy but I expect there is a hidden agenda there as well.......think about it.
Thinking about it... Still thinking about it... Erm...Er... Well apart form a successful retail park and a successful airport can't think of anything else.

Do tell what is this secret agenda you allude to, please tell do please tell pretty please with sugar and a cherry on top.
[quote][p][bold]jolllyboy[/bold] wrote: This council will do anything to get money to pay their bonus'. If enough 'incentive' payments are given I feel the council will change their minds ! It is legalised bribery. Anyone who thinks a Retail Park so far to the end of the town as Fossetts Farm is a good idea (and I am sure all those in shoebury would like it) are living in cloud cuckoo land. it would be easier to go in the other direction out of town. As for the Airport Retail park is is always very busy but I expect there is a hidden agenda there as well.......think about it.[/p][/quote]Thinking about it... Still thinking about it... Erm...Er... Well apart form a successful retail park and a successful airport can't think of anything else. Do tell what is this secret agenda you allude to, please tell do please tell pretty please with sugar and a cherry on top. Max Impact
  • Score: 0

6:35pm Sun 6 Jan 13

RobertFS says...

2 hours free parking in Southend car parks would make a diffference.
Sorry SBC - lost income
But revitalise the High street.
make your choice.
i for one will not go to Southend High street from Leigh when i can go to Bluewater for the day or even Lakeside and the retail park and park for free. Better choice and no stupid charges.
Another reason why i won't go to the Stratford site (westfield?) - parking charges.
2 hours free parking in Southend car parks would make a diffference. Sorry SBC - lost income But revitalise the High street. make your choice. i for one will not go to Southend High street from Leigh when i can go to Bluewater for the day or even Lakeside and the retail park and park for free. Better choice and no stupid charges. Another reason why i won't go to the Stratford site (westfield?) - parking charges. RobertFS
  • Score: 0

2:13pm Mon 7 Jan 13

Max Impact says...

Max Impact wrote:
jolllyboy wrote:
This council will do anything to get money to pay their bonus'. If enough 'incentive' payments are given I feel the council will change their minds ! It is legalised bribery. Anyone who thinks a Retail Park so far to the end of the town as Fossetts Farm is a good idea (and I am sure all those in shoebury would like it) are living in cloud cuckoo land. it would be easier to go in the other direction out of town. As for the Airport Retail park is is always very busy but I expect there is a hidden agenda there as well.......think about it.
Thinking about it... Still thinking about it... Erm...Er... Well apart form a successful retail park and a successful airport can't think of anything else.

Do tell what is this secret agenda you allude to, please tell do please tell pretty please with sugar and a cherry on top.
Still thinking...
[quote][p][bold]Max Impact[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]jolllyboy[/bold] wrote: This council will do anything to get money to pay their bonus'. If enough 'incentive' payments are given I feel the council will change their minds ! It is legalised bribery. Anyone who thinks a Retail Park so far to the end of the town as Fossetts Farm is a good idea (and I am sure all those in shoebury would like it) are living in cloud cuckoo land. it would be easier to go in the other direction out of town. As for the Airport Retail park is is always very busy but I expect there is a hidden agenda there as well.......think about it.[/p][/quote]Thinking about it... Still thinking about it... Erm...Er... Well apart form a successful retail park and a successful airport can't think of anything else. Do tell what is this secret agenda you allude to, please tell do please tell pretty please with sugar and a cherry on top.[/p][/quote]Still thinking... Max Impact
  • Score: 0

3:18pm Tue 8 Jan 13

Max Impact says...

Max Impact wrote:
Max Impact wrote:
jolllyboy wrote:
This council will do anything to get money to pay their bonus'. If enough 'incentive' payments are given I feel the council will change their minds ! It is legalised bribery. Anyone who thinks a Retail Park so far to the end of the town as Fossetts Farm is a good idea (and I am sure all those in shoebury would like it) are living in cloud cuckoo land. it would be easier to go in the other direction out of town. As for the Airport Retail park is is always very busy but I expect there is a hidden agenda there as well.......think about it.
Thinking about it... Still thinking about it... Erm...Er... Well apart form a successful retail park and a successful airport can't think of anything else.

Do tell what is this secret agenda you allude to, please tell do please tell pretty please with sugar and a cherry on top.
Still thinking...
Still thinking... Oh look free airport parking for two months... still thinking...

Anyone...
[quote][p][bold]Max Impact[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Max Impact[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]jolllyboy[/bold] wrote: This council will do anything to get money to pay their bonus'. If enough 'incentive' payments are given I feel the council will change their minds ! It is legalised bribery. Anyone who thinks a Retail Park so far to the end of the town as Fossetts Farm is a good idea (and I am sure all those in shoebury would like it) are living in cloud cuckoo land. it would be easier to go in the other direction out of town. As for the Airport Retail park is is always very busy but I expect there is a hidden agenda there as well.......think about it.[/p][/quote]Thinking about it... Still thinking about it... Erm...Er... Well apart form a successful retail park and a successful airport can't think of anything else. Do tell what is this secret agenda you allude to, please tell do please tell pretty please with sugar and a cherry on top.[/p][/quote]Still thinking...[/p][/quote]Still thinking... Oh look free airport parking for two months... still thinking... Anyone... Max Impact
  • Score: 0

6:47pm Thu 10 Jan 13

Max Impact says...

Max Impact wrote:
Max Impact wrote:
Max Impact wrote:
jolllyboy wrote:
This council will do anything to get money to pay their bonus'. If enough 'incentive' payments are given I feel the council will change their minds ! It is legalised bribery. Anyone who thinks a Retail Park so far to the end of the town as Fossetts Farm is a good idea (and I am sure all those in shoebury would like it) are living in cloud cuckoo land. it would be easier to go in the other direction out of town. As for the Airport Retail park is is always very busy but I expect there is a hidden agenda there as well.......think about it.
Thinking about it... Still thinking about it... Erm...Er... Well apart form a successful retail park and a successful airport can't think of anything else.

Do tell what is this secret agenda you allude to, please tell do please tell pretty please with sugar and a cherry on top.
Still thinking...
Still thinking... Oh look free airport parking for two months... still thinking...

Anyone...
Still thinking... Hello... Anyone... Hello...
[quote][p][bold]Max Impact[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Max Impact[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Max Impact[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]jolllyboy[/bold] wrote: This council will do anything to get money to pay their bonus'. If enough 'incentive' payments are given I feel the council will change their minds ! It is legalised bribery. Anyone who thinks a Retail Park so far to the end of the town as Fossetts Farm is a good idea (and I am sure all those in shoebury would like it) are living in cloud cuckoo land. it would be easier to go in the other direction out of town. As for the Airport Retail park is is always very busy but I expect there is a hidden agenda there as well.......think about it.[/p][/quote]Thinking about it... Still thinking about it... Erm...Er... Well apart form a successful retail park and a successful airport can't think of anything else. Do tell what is this secret agenda you allude to, please tell do please tell pretty please with sugar and a cherry on top.[/p][/quote]Still thinking...[/p][/quote]Still thinking... Oh look free airport parking for two months... still thinking... Anyone...[/p][/quote]Still thinking... Hello... Anyone... Hello... Max Impact
  • Score: 0

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree