HADLEIGH & Thundersley and Billericay secured promotion to the Premier Division after both sides secured final day wins.

Hadleigh claimed the Division One title after beating Woodford Wells by nine wickets.

And Hadleigh captain Richard Revell was delighted to go up as champions.

Revell said: “It was a great day. We managed to bowl them out for 151 and chased it down for the loss of just one wicket.

“It was very close at the top of the league going into the last game and it was great to get over the line as league champions.

“The team have really pulled together over the last few weeks and it has shown in our performances.

“Having Hadleigh back in the Premier Division is great for the club and we now look forward to the challenges ahead.”

Revell and Sam Handley took four wickets each, while Anthony Grosvenor claimed the other two scalps, to leave Woodford Wells all out for 151.

Although Paul Tibbenham lost his wicket for 19, Oliver Smith and Kevin Renecke notched half-centuries to guide Hadleigh to a nine-wicket victory and the title just a year after avoiding relegation to Division Two on the final day of last season.

Billericay will also join Hadleigh in the Premier Division after claiming the final promotion place.

Lee Knight’s side beat Gidea Park & Romford by four wickets, leaving the Billericay captain pleased with his team-mates’ efforts over the course of the season.

“It was a brilliant feeling to clinch promotion on the last day of the season,” said Knight.

“Our game had finished before the Orsett on, so we had a bit of a nervous wait in the changing room but when we got the news through the atmosphere completely changed and the party started.

“I’m very proud of the lads. We deserve a crack at the Premier Division and it is huge for the club as a whole.”

David Houghton, Ross Poulton and Adam Marchant took the wickets as the visitors closed on 219/5.

And Houghton followed up his two scalps with a century to lead Billericay to a four-wicket win.

Poulton also enjoyed a day to remember as he notched 72 runs to follow up his two wickets.